Thread: Bbl/lly?

Default Bbl/lly?

Ok, has anyone gotten BBL to work on the LLY yet? As of the latest update, I still cannot get any BBL on my LLY. When I tell it to log, the timer counts, but no data is displayed on the screen, and the frame counts stay at zero. No log file is created.

Also, I still get the $0311 when I try to clear DTCs. When I go to clear DTCs, the message I get is there are 20 DTCs, but in fact there are three (B0035, B0040 and U1016). Below is the file created by F2 -> F3. I haven't tried to clear DTCs with the laptop in passthrough with this release, but passthrough worked in the previous release.

Is there any more info I can give you guys?

[INFO PCM]
    VIN=1GCHK23254FXXXXXX
    OS=4166805

[INFO TCM]
    VIN=1GCHK23254FXXXXXX
    OS=15184109

[DTCS PCM]
    ; No DTCs detected.

[DTCS TCM]
    ; No DTCs detected.

[Freeze Frame PCM 0]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame PCM 1]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame PCM 2]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame PCM 3]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame PCM 4]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame PCM 5]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame PCM 6]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame PCM 7]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame TCM 0]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame TCM 1]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame TCM 2]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame TCM 3]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame TCM 4]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame TCM 5]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame TCM 6]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame TCM 7]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

Just to add, I hooked up to an LS1 PCM I have on the bench and I got data using BBL. It was data recieved from a PCM with no inputs (-38 ECT & IAT, for example), but it was data.
    Last edited by Cougar281; December 3rd, 2007 at 02:03 PM.

Are you selecting LLY-A or LLY-M? In the options.ini file the LLY-A also needs an AL5-A.pmm file that does not exist. If you are selecting the LLY-A, you might try LLY-M and see if that logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5
    Are you selecting LLY-A or LLY-M? In the options.ini file the LLY-A also needs an AL5-A.pmm file that does not exist. If you are selecting the LLY-A, you might try LLY-M and see if that logs.
    I've tried both....

Also, to add, I CAN clear DTCs on my Stock LLY ECM on the bench without the $0311 error, but still no BBL there. Could the $0311 be something with the 04 LLY DSP5 OS?

Same issue here. No BB logging and clearing DTC's gives me the same error.

OK. I figured it out. In the "C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi" folder there is a file called Readme_First.rtf which has the following instructions which I followed and got my LLY to log data.

Using BB Logging

Before you can log any data you must format the Data File system. The Data File system and the Config File system (that you formatted earlier) are kept in different areas of the flash memory. You can safely format one without affecting the other. You can only format the Config File system using a PC and the EFILive_Explorer program. That prevents you from accidentally erasing the configuration files while "out on the road".

FlashScan supports two Data File systems: An internal flash memory chip which can hold about 2.7Mb of data and an external SD Card that can hold between 64Mb and 2Gb.

To format the internal Data File system, select the Internal file system: F4->F2->F3, then use the left and right arrow keys to change the File sys: setting to Internal and press Ok. To format the Internal file system, select F1->F3.

To format the internal Data File system, select the Internal file system: F4->F2->F3, then use the left and right arrow keys to change the File sys: setting to SD Card and press Ok. To format the Internal file system, select F1->F3.

You can also format the SD card using a PC card reader. Select the FAT32 (or just FAT) file system when formatting the SD Card via a PC. If you do that, you must create two folders on the SD Card:
    \EFILive\V7\Scan (which will contain the BB logging files)
    \EFILive\V7\Tune (which will contain the tuning files)

WARNING:
    NEVER insert or remove the SD Card while Black Box Logging is in progress (or any other operation that writes data to the SD card), you will lose some or all of the data stored in the internal flash memory and/or data stored on the SD Card.

1. Using FlashScan's keypad sequence F1, select the desired vehicle controller by using the up and down arrow keys, then Ok to select the desired controller.
    2. Once you have selected a controller, FlashScan will automatically go to the Scan Tool Data Logging menu.
    3. Select Record Data to begin recording, or Display Data to start recording in pause mode.
    4. Pressing Ok during data logging will toggle pause on/off, the same as in the PC based Scan Tool Software.
    5. Pressing F1..F4 and Ctrl+F1..Ctrl+F4 will insert the notes 1 thru 8 into the recorded data.
    6. Use the up and down arrow keys to reveal more PIDs. (Hint: When held down for more than 1/2 second, the keys will "auto-repeat" just like a PC keyboard.)

I've been through all that... I've tried both internal and SD. Assuming the LLY files are ok and such, if it'll log an LS1 PCM, shouldn't it log the LLY without doing anything different? 'Cause I was able to log an LS1 PCM no problem...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    I've been through all that... I've tried both internal and SD. Assuming the LLY files are ok and such, if it'll log an LS1 PCM, shouldn't it log the LLY without doing anything different? 'Cause I was able to log an LS1 PCM no problem...
    There are still some coms problems that are being fixed. Please try the LLY again once the next update is released.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    There are still some coms problems that are being fixed. Please try the LLY again once the next update is released.

Regards
    Paul
    No Problem. Thanks for the update Paul.