Thread: Need some advice ...

Default Need some advice ...

I'm looking at a tuned 01 SS ... it has a Cam somewhere in the range 248/252 with .6something lift, probably stock injectors, AFR heads, long tubes, off-road Y-pipe w/o cats, Fast intake, 90mm TB, SLP MAF ...
    It was dyno-tuned previously by TTP, but some stuff looks fishy to me ... e.g., the B0101 table is pretty high, with 90+ values in the mid RPM range ... also, CL right from starting the car at 15 degree C ... maybe somebody can look at the log and the tune and give me a quick feedback on what you think ... the logg is from starting it up cold and running it a couple minutes, the .tun is the current tune ... oh, the plugs were messed up pretty quickly, no telling if it was due to cranking it after the ship-travel over the Atlantic, or because of the tune ... current plugs are new ...

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry
    I'm looking at a tuned 01 SS ... it has a Cam somewhere in the range 248/252 with .6something lift, probably stock injectors, AFR heads, long tubes, off-road Y-pipe w/o cats, Fast intake, 90mm TB, SLP MAF ...
    It was dyno-tuned previously by TTP, but some stuff looks fishy to me ... e.g., the B0101 table is pretty high, with 90+ values in the mid RPM range ... also, CL right from starting the car at 15 degree C ... maybe somebody can look at the log and the tune and give me a quick feedback on what you think ... the logg is from starting it up cold and running it a couple minutes, the .tun is the current tune ... oh, the plugs were messed up pretty quickly, no telling if it was due to cranking it after the ship-travel over the Atlantic, or because of the tune ... current plugs are new ...

Thanks in advance!
    What a f***ing mess.... Pardon the language and I don't mean to scare you, but WTF is up with that timing table? I swear I don't understand the logic in some people's minds. He jacks up the timing in the low RPM range, turns off the knock sensors, and expects what exactly?

As for your comment about CL...it started in open loop. The CL Temp Enable table is stock. The fuel trims are present because fueling is perceived to be off by that much. I say "perceived" because I'm assuming with the amount of overlap in that cam, there is no way the stock NBO2's are going to know to ignore the unburnt oxygen entering the exhaust. Open loop may be the better route.

Looking at the VE, I don't know what to say. A majority of the table was LESS than stock - even on the high end. Hello?!?! McFly!?!?! Yes, the MAF is in charge above 4K, so I guess it doesn't matter. But to me, it's like giving a retarded answer to a rhetorical question.

Then, there's the arbitrary values thrown at the IAC Parked and Desired Airflow tables. Not even going to go there. I suggest reading the idle thread in the tutorial section to address idle related issues.

Throttle cracker activate at 65mph? Throttle follower decay rates on steroids??? Ok, so throttle follower is on/off and no throttle cracker unless driving on the highway or running the 1/4 mile.

The MAF is stock for the most part except up top...where he has reduced airflow. I don't think I've seen that before...

No IAT spark correction? I'd be curious to hear how that car runs in the warm weather.

Looking at the log, I'd say fuel trims are quite a bit high.....and I'm surprised the idle is as steady as it is given the state of the tune.

If someone came to me with that car, I'd say leave the keys and I'd completely start over from scratch. Like I sarcasticly tell my co-workers.....good luck with that!

**Please ignore the attitude and disgust. I just don't get what runs through peoples' minds sometimes when I see stuff like this.**

I would not drive the car with that timing table (and knock sensors off).

OMG! That timing table is something else! I don't understand how tuners don't understand the importance of having smooth transitioning on a timing table. Not to mention the amount of timing that is in this table.

I'd start from scratch..

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Yeah those timing tables look pretty ugly, and I'm surprised that with a cam and mods of that size it peaks in VE at 4400rpm.

try this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SV8346; December 8th, 2007 at 02:32 PM.

tnx for the suggestions ... I was only checking the car to see what gives, but I reckon the owner will be getting his EFILive & a WBO2 for Christmas, and will start fresh
    Guess a tune like this is proof that no tuner should be allowed to lock a tune ... I'm just glad they didn't ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

That Tune is right out there, it's a time bomb waiting to go off, it's a worry that any one that knows how to use a laptop can reflash a pcm. Thank god the tune wasn't locked the only reason i see for a locking a pcm is to hide a S**T job , i never lock a pcm , u should be proud of ur work.