Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: License question

Default License question

I have EFILive V1 personal for my 97 C5 I want to change a few things in my sister's 2001 Chevy s-10 blazer w/OS 12202088.It scans fine and I read the PCM fine but it won't let me flash the pcm,Say's I have to license the cable to that pcm..It say's I have 2 license's.How do I get a activation code?How do I use one of my license's? I don't have to buy a license do I for that PCM? I have version 7.90.How do I go about doing this.......Thanks........Paul
    Last edited by driver456; January 6th, 2008 at 10:17 AM.

If you have a free/available license you can simply allocate your sister's vehicle a license.

To confirm license status:
    1) Connect FlashScan V1 to your PC
    2) Open the Tune Tool
    3) Go to the 'Help->FlashScan V1 PCM Licensing' menu option
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    If you have a free/available license you can simply allocate your sister's vehicle a license.

To confirm license status:
    1) Connect FlashScan V1 to your PC
    2) Open the Tune Tool
    3) Go to the 'Help->FlashScan V1 PCM Licensing' menu option
    Where it says PCM license,It say's AVAILABLE 2, USED 0 And then "add pcm license" The Activation code is blank and it say's "License number 3 and in the upper right hand corner it has PCM license's 01 available 02 available.What do I do now................Paul

You just down load her tune from her PCM and make the changes you want, then when you try to upload it, it will tell you, you are not licensed to this PCM and you need to license to it before you can flash to it. It will then close the upload window and open a license window and ask you if you are sure you want to license to this PCM. You tell it yes and you will be licensed to that PCM and can then flash in your new tune. It's not to hard once you've been though it
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Quote Originally Posted by kbracing96
    You just down load her tune from her PCM and make the changes you want, then when you try to upload it, it will tell you, you are not licensed to this PCM and you need to license to it before you can flash to it. It will then close the upload window and open a license window and ask you if you are sure you want to license to this PCM. You tell it yes and you will be licensed to that PCM and can then flash in your new tune. It's not to hard once you've been though it
    I'll try it again..........Paul
    Last edited by driver456; January 7th, 2008 at 12:38 PM.

Can you please send a screen shot of any message presented when you attempt to flash the vehicle?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

OK I got it to work,I had the wrong cable where it goes into the OBD port.I didn't want to fish out my cable from the vette so I thought I could use another cable,guess not DUH!.One more question it says it will permanently lock the cable to that pcm,What happens when I go back to my 97 corvette?.................Paul
    Last edited by driver456; January 7th, 2008 at 01:12 PM.

Basically all it is saying is that the PCM Serial Number will be embedded in one of the license slots on the FlashScan interface. This is as expected when licensing a new vehicle. You simply need to have an available PCM license for each vehicle you want to tune.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    Basically all it is saying is that the PCM Serial Number will be embedded in one of the license slots on the FlashScan interface. This is as expected when licensing a new vehicle. You simply need to have an available PCM license for each vehicle you want to tune.
    Even though my car is a 97 it will still use another license.Aren't the 97-98 free or unlimited or something like that.I do have one more license though..............Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast