Thread: Do C5's have RAFIG?

Lifetime Member

Default Do C5's have RAFIG?

I have been trying to do as much research on idle tuning as I can. The car idles pretty well but I have the stupid off throttle wants to die idle surging. Once I am stopped every thing is good. I keep reading about the RAFIG. But I can't find it. Is there a number for it. I also can't find a PID for the Throttle Cracker and Throttle follower. Can some one help me please? One last thing. What pids do I need to look at to figure out how much Desired Air Flow I need? I have basicly been giving it enough air that when I rev it up it doesn't die when it comes down. That can't be the correct way to do it but it is all I have.

Brett

Lifetime Member

Do a search on rafig - PIDs, maps, etc. are all described there.
    RAFIG, IAC TC, IAC TF pids are all under idle "system"
    2000 Camaro SS Convertible
    M6,
    LTs, AFR 205s, Comp xer 220/224, LS6 intake, Ported TB, AR TT IIs

Lifetime Member

I did that search and it doesn't come up. That is why I was thinking that C5's just don't have that program. I did a search under all systems for the PID and it didn't turn up there either. I will search under the idle section.

C5's have it, its all there as posted above
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com

Lifetime Member

Well I found it in the pids but it is not valid. I even clicked on it and added it to my dash board. But it won't log. I get an error message. I did however find the Short trims and TF and TC pids. I am logging those but don't exactly know what to do with them. If the STIT is pulling about 1 gm/sc should I take that out of Desired Air Flow? The only problem I am having know is when I get on the gas hard and come off it fast is will hunt. But just straight driving is fine. I pulled some out of the TC up high. I noticedt the revs drop really fast enbetween 2,500 and 700rpm. Do I slow that down with the TF?

Lifetime Member

Sorry guys. Research is your friend. I just did a little research and I hadn't clicked on the LTIT's. Now the RAFIG works.

Lifetime Member

WTF. I got all the PID's working. I made a PID file just to log these perameters with the rest of my pertiment PIDs. I was useing them to tune my friends 04 GTO. Now I hook them up to my car (02 Z06) and it says they are invalid. So I uploaded the log from the GTO, because that was the only way I could get to the pids, and it still doesn't work on my car. What am I missing? I am about to throw this computer out the window.

Please post the PIDs you are currently attempting to log. Are you using the preconfigured RAFIG Map that came with the scantool?

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Lifetime Member

I am running the pre-config map for the RAFIG. It seems to be getting info from the Idle Air Flow Correction PID. It is working as well as I can tell. I am also logging both Long and Short Term Corrections in Gear, AC on and off. I am also logging both TF and TC. I am being told that the STIT/LTIT/TF/TC are all not valid. If I click off either the STIT/LTIT in Gear AC off then the IAFC/RAFIG becomes invalid as well. I am mostly concerned about the TF/TC. I think that is where my issues are coming from. I really want to log them. I am pretty sure those are not shutting off. I just think it is extreamly strange that the pids work on a GTO but not on my Vette.