Thread: LMM defueling

Default LMM defueling

yes I searched, for a few hours here and on the diesel sites. I got my first custom tune yesterday and although the power is very impressive the defueling is ridiculous; to the point of pushing you forward towards the windshield when it shifts. Combined with the six speed and shorter gearing it's constantly slamming you back and forth under WOT.

I found a lot of info on the other diesel engines but the tables listed aren't in the LMM tuning. Is it in the tcm or ecm, or both? I will be calling my tuner today, but I need to know what to adjust anyway.

The GM car's I've tuned like the new GTO have quite a bit of torque management stock, especially with the auto trans. But they do it with timing and the electronic throttle, and it's easy to reduce or disable this. I'm sure with a big power boost you need to defuel some (still have a stock trans for now, but will upgrade) but I'm also sure you can make it seamless or much smoother than it is now. Anybody know where to look?

By the way, I've read to drive it around and it'll learn to shift better, but I drove around for over an hour last night at all different throttle positions and there's been no improvement, it's very severe.

Thanks guys.

Jody

Are you hitting the 3400RPM limiter? If not, it's most likely all in the ECM tuning.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob
    Are you hitting the 3400RPM limiter? If not, it's most likely all in the ECM tuning.

not hitting the limiter. I got a file that works well, not as much power, but shifts good. We're re-doing the stronger tune.

Jody