Thread: Help with startup....

Default Help with startup....

Hey guys Im having trouble with startup. I tried a bunch of things with the Airflow correction table and the airflow friction correction table and the end result is about the same. I need to get this start without puting my foot on the pedal to help it. It wants to turn over on its own, at one point i had it crank over but it fluttered the idle around until it finally finds it. Sometimes it will just shut offafter hunting for idle. Once the truck finds its idle I can restart it without any problems at all!!! Until the next day that is.....

4L80e
    Efilive
    All bolt ons no boost

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 01Blackerado
    Hey guys Im having trouble with startup. I tried a bunch of things with the Airflow correction table and the airflow friction correction table and the end result is about the same. I need to get this start without puting my foot on the pedal to help it. It wants to turn over on its own, at one point i had it crank over but it fluttered the idle around until it finally finds it. Sometimes it will just shut offafter hunting for idle. Once the truck finds its idle I can restart it without any problems at all!!! Until the next day that is.....

4L80e
    Efilive
    All bolt ons no boost
    You're in Fairfax, right? Want to come east 20 miles and I'll help you nail it down?

Justin

That would be cool!!! TY Are you good for tomorrow? I'm open all day pretty much. I need to be up kinda early cause im pulling a tranny out an integra. Let me konw when is good for you!

I had a similar issue after fitting my cam. I ramped up B4308 Airflow Parked and this fixed the issue. Try adding 10% initially and more if needed. The only problem with this is that if I stall the car the IAC will not drive to the parked position, so I either have to switch the ignition off or apply throttle to get it to start. Of course this could be fixed by just drilling out the TB hole but why bother when I can get it to start fine in the tune.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 01Blackerado
    That would be cool!!! TY Are you good for tomorrow? I'm open all day pretty much. I need to be up kinda early cause im pulling a tranny out an integra. Let me konw when is good for you!
    If 2pm works for you, shoot me a PM and I'll give you directions.

Justin

You couldnt have someone better then Justin help you out he has my truck runnin damn good.

6.0, Radix, 4l80 trans, 3.90 gears, 11.98 @ 112.68, Tuned by Dc-Justin