Default BB Logging Update Dec 14, 2007

Download these two files:

http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...751_031_70.zip
    and
    http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...811_012_12.zip

Update Dec 16, new firmware file V2.05.14:
    http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...ogV2_05_14.zip
    This firmware update:
    1. allows a trace file to be saved manually. Select menu: F2->F4->F1.
    2. includes an update that may fix some LLY DTC and BB logging problems.

The ReadMe_First.rtf file has been updated to list the new features/options in this release.

If you have already upgraded to the new BB logging bootblock, then you do not need to (in fact you cannot) upgrade the bootblock again. Once it has been done, you only need to update the V2.05.xx firmware if/when new firmware is released.

There is new firmware (FSProgV2_05_12.efw) that you must program into FlashScan using the programming option in EFILive_Explorer.

Alarms have been fixed. Both Audible and Visual alarms are now working. As an example, the TP (throttle position) PID has been set up to sound an alarm and illuminate the second led from the left, (if LED Alarm mode is slected) if the TP goes aboev 95%.

The LEDs can be set to one of three states: Status, Alarms and Off. See Readme_First.txt for more details. The LED mode is identifed on the FlashScan screen to the left of the protocol display. Where S=Status, A=Alarm and X=Off.

The EFILive_Explorer program has been updated to include a trace window (check the Trace box in the status bar). The trace window will help track down drag/drop file copy problems.

The EFILive_Explorer program should now auto-detect and auto-connect to FlashScan.

The EFILive_Explorer program should now remember the last active folder and return there each time it is restarted.

The FlashScan firmware includes a trace option that will save a file with a *.efx extension at the end of a logging session. That file can be emailed to EFILive in the case of a log session malfunction.

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacky; December 19th, 2007 at 02:23 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul, I still can't get my LLY to BBL (not sure how the others that have reported it working are doing it). As before, I tried it Auto/Manual and both on my truck with the 04 DSP5 OS and on the bench with my original ECM. I can still get data from an LS1 PCM. Clearing DTC's still gives the $0311, however, now it asks if I want to clear the right number of codes (Used to say 20+). Also, the V2 goes into low power mode as soon as bootup is complete.

.ffw software has been included with each release of BBL software, yet there's apparently no way to install it because EFILive Explorer doesn't recognize it and the dead poll procedure doesn't work any more. However, the latest instructions still include steps to load the .ffw firmware. Is it correct to assume that the ffw firmware is included with or replaced by the .efw software? Or am I missing something?
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    Paul, I still can't get my LLY to BBL (not sure how the others that have reported it working are doing it). As before, I tried it Auto/Manual and both on my truck with the 04 DSP5 OS and on the bench with my original ECM. I can still get data from an LS1 PCM. Clearing DTC's still gives the $0311, however, now it asks if I want to clear the right number of codes (Used to say 20+). Also, the V2 goes into low power mode as soon as bootup is complete.
    I've added a trace option to the FlashScan firmware. Please turn it on, then try to start BB logging. Using EFILive_Explorer, check in the Scan folder (on FlashScan) for any files with *.efx extensions. If there are any, please send them to me at paul@efilive.com. If not, let me know in this thread. I may need to add an option to manually force an *.efx file to be saved.

I'm not sure why it goes into low power mode, that's strange. Maybe try deleting the Settings.dat file from FlashScan, then go into FlashScan's settings menu and re-configure all the settings.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1
    .ffw software has been included with each release of BBL software, yet there's apparently no way to install it because EFILive Explorer doesn't recognize it and the dead poll procedure doesn't work any more. However, the latest instructions still include steps to load the .ffw firmware. Is it correct to assume that the ffw firmware is included with or replaced by the .efw software? Or am I missing something?
    I've just realized, the readme file is not clear on what to do there.

Once you have updated FlashScan to the new V7.5 firmware (i.e. once you have done the boot block upgrade), you can ignore the *.ffw files. You can't use them anymore. You only need to upgrade the firmware using the supplied *.efw files.

I include each new update of the *.ffw files only for those people who are just starting out with the BBL beta upgrade and have not yet done the boot block upgrade.

Regards
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I've just realized, the readme file is not clear on what to do there.

Once you have updated FlashScan to the new V7.5 firmware (i.e. once you have done the boot block upgrade), you can ignore the *.ffw files. You can't use them anymore. You only need to upgrade the firmware using the supplied *.efw files.

I include each new update of the *.ffw files only for those people who are just starting out with the BBL beta upgrade and have not yet done the boot block upgrade.

Regards
    Paul.
    Thanks for the clarification. I also noticed that when I plug V2 into my laptop the splash screen displays, then it powers off. As soon as you launch EFILive Explorer, it powers on again. It also powers on when you launch the scan program and click the little green button. In both cases it stays on after the respective programs are closed.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Thanks for the clarification. I also noticed that when I plug V2 into my laptop the splash screen displays, then it powers off. As soon as you launch EFILive Explorer, it powers on again. It also powers on when you launch the scan program and click the little green button. In both cases it stays on after the respective programs are closed.
    I can't reproduce that here but check the last paragraph in post #4 in this thread.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I've added a trace option to the FlashScan firmware. Please turn it on, then try to start BB logging. Using EFILive_Explorer, check in the Scan folder (on FlashScan) for any files with *.efx extensions. If there are any, please send them to me at paul@efilive.com. If not, let me know in this thread. I may need to add an option to manually force an *.efx file to be saved.
    I have added a manual trace option, see first post for download link.

Regards
    Paul

Mine does that also , part of power down isn't it ? Hold the "O-K" button for one second and it will power back up .
    Goes to sleep without EE open , even with EE open FS sleeps .
    Funny I had the same complaint about the "firmware" in the "read me" , no one seemed to hear when it was brought up .
    Couldn't it say something like "This section is for those that have not updated to the new BBL Flash Scan yet" , then , " This section for those that have done the BBL Flash Scan update" ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I sent a few trace files. Also, I noticed that when the LCD shuts off after bootup, the LEDs are rapidly flashing VERY dimly... don't know if that means anything.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast