Thread: Going backwards to go forward?

Lifetime Member

Default Going backwards to go forward?

Hi Paul

This may sound simple minded but, usually simple ideas are the best ones right.

Ok, so from my reading it sounded like there was at one time a relatively stable/bug free version of the BBL firmware available to a handful or more of testers? Between the private beta and public beta release some changes were made that fouled things up.

If that is the case why not go back to the private beta version and then start implementing features on top of that.

No knock at all on your skilllllz , just something I've been thinking about.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

It can be done but it opens up a whole new can of worms.
    It's very difficult to track causes of problems when firmware is downgraded.

I am posting a new release tonight that will address most serious issues and many not so serious issues.

However, I understand the need and what I am going to do (after the release tonight) is to NOT increase the version number, just the date. So you will be free to install any release between this next one and the final release. It makes it more difficult for us but it makes it "safer" for you guys testing it. If a particular upgrade does not work for you, then you will be able to go back to the previous firmware.

However, when reporting issues, all testers will have to give the firmware version AND DATE so that we can identify which firmware is being used.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
    Hi Paul

This may sound simple minded but, usually simple ideas are the best ones right.

Ok, so from my reading it sounded like there was at one time a relatively stable/bug free version of the BBL firmware available to a handful or more of testers? Between the private beta and public beta release some changes were made that fouled things up.

If that is the case why not go back to the private beta version and then start implementing features on top of that.

No knock at all on your skilllllz , just something I've been thinking about.
    Before asking for help, please read this.