Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BB Logging Update Dec 20, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I still have not got a trace from anyone showing that error :(.
    Just sent you two trace files regarding the error when clearing DTCs.
    2005 Silverado Duramax LLY - EFI Live Tuned
    1969 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup - Turbocharged 5.3L/4L80E - EFI Live Tuned
    1975 Avenger Jet Boat - 6.0L/Berkley pump - EFI Live tune in progress

Still using 2.5.15 (19) reporting the following:
    Logging still works just fine, but only once.
    I parked the truck for a minute and saved the log file to SD.
    When returning I could not just hit F1 and continue to log.
    Tried to cancel completely back to main screen, reselect vehicle etc. but no luck.
    Even Ctrl+Cancel did not help....got error $0185 after selecting vehicle. Display of data was fine, though.
    Unplugged the FS and all was good ! The two unsuccessful attempts did not create a log file but the numbering of the logs jumped from 7 to 10.

After downloading my log files I had to notice that both longer logs (25-35 mins) lost thier data on the way to the SD card. A shorter log (5 mins) turned out fine, though.

On a different topic, are there more PID's supported than the ones currently listed for the LB7/LLY?
    I added several but they did not show up on the screen or in the log file.
    2005 RCSB 2500HD GMC Sierra DURAMAX LLY
    1955 Chevy Truck 1st series, being restored
    2002 Mercedes C270 CDI

Short session of BB logging with E40 seemed to work fine. The only thing I noticed was that First gear was indicated when the trans was in Park.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Default bootblock

Hey Paul... on your recommendation, I had put off the firmware changes as I use the thing for business every day and can't afford to have problems...

Is it safe to upgrade to these files and is there a possibility that it could prevent me from doing my daily work??

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
    Hey Paul... on your recommendation, I had put off the firmware changes as I use the thing for business every day and can't afford to have problems...

Is it safe to upgrade to these files and is there a possibility that it could prevent me from doing my daily work??

Chuck CoW
    Best to wait, there are still a few teething problems.
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

BB logging with LS1 PCM worked fine with latest release. Only thing I noticed is that it always shows First gear whenever the lever is in ParK or Neutral. All other gear indications appear accurate.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Hi All,

Thanks for all the feedback and logs over the past two days, sorry for the lack of feedback. Its just I have not had a chance to look at them yet.

I have just cut the new V7.5 CD and there are a couple of files on that CD image that need updating. I am building a web update to automatically patch the V7.5 CD (and to provide automatic web updates from now on). Once that is done, hopefully by today, I will get back to investigating all the trace files.

Regads
    Paul

Paul,

This is strange, and I thought it was worth mentioning. When I updated to firmware FSProgV2_05_15 (my error - I picked that instead of the newer version FSProgV2_05_15(19)) and tried it with the newer config files flashed into the V2 memory, I tried to log my truck and when I selected datalogging, V2 set a $2080 error (no vehicle connected) and the radio powered off and the time reset to 1:00. V2 never did start the scan tool which I could understand based on the error code - but the radio thing was what was odd. I powered down - tried it again and the same result. I thought I was in error and checked the Firmware and it was the incorrect one (not the (19)) release. I changed the firmware in the V2 and all is well, but I did have the time on the radio get messed up earlier in the beta testing and thought it was a fluke. Is it possible for the scan tool to mess with the radio power ( it acted like I disconnected the battery)

Thought is was worth noting. Everything appears to work fine now with the latest firmware.
    99 Silverado 2500 Extracab Longbed
    33" BFG's - American Racing Rims

Custom Dual Upper console gauge mount w/Autometer Sport Comp - Pyro, Oil Temp
    Autometer Sport Comp Boost/Vac in Custom Hypersonic Gauge Mount in dash

LS-1 6.0L w/AFR 205cc Street Heads
    Vortech V2 blower
    42# Injectors
    Comp Cam - Custom Street Grind
    TTS Catback Exhaust
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2
    Tune and Trans mods via EFILive V1-V2

It is possible for that to happen with the fault that was in the 2_05_15 version. It would send data logging messages to one module (other than ECM/TCM).

i.e. say your truck had multiple nodes:

0: ECM
    1: TCM
    2: RADIO
    3: ABS
    4: SRS
    etc...

The firmware was supposed to log data from 0 and 1 (i.e. ECM and TCM). But instead it was incorrectly requesting data from 1 and 2 (i.e. TCM and RADIO). I do not know what effect attempting to log data from the radio would have - I guess it resets itself.

But that is now fixed in V2.05.15(19)

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper99
    Paul,

This is strange, and I thought it was worth mentioning. When I updated to firmware FSProgV2_05_15 (my error - I picked that instead of the newer version FSProgV2_05_15(19)) and tried it with the newer config files flashed into the V2 memory, I tried to log my truck and when I selected datalogging, V2 set a $2080 error (no vehicle connected) and the radio powered off and the time reset to 1:00. V2 never did start the scan tool which I could understand based on the error code - but the radio thing was what was odd. I powered down - tried it again and the same result. I thought I was in error and checked the Firmware and it was the incorrect one (not the (19)) release. I changed the firmware in the V2 and all is well, but I did have the time on the radio get messed up earlier in the beta testing and thought it was a fluke. Is it possible for the scan tool to mess with the radio power ( it acted like I disconnected the battery)

Thought is was worth noting. Everything appears to work fine now with the latest firmware.

Lifetime Member

BBL still doesn't work with E38 Auto selected. I am sending a trace file.

BBL seems to work fine with E38 Manual selected. I did notice one weird thing though. At some point during the log the frame counter started counting backwards. I'm pretty sure I had upwards of 25K frames when it did it. By the time I got done logging it was down to 18K or so. The log file opened up fine and there was no hint of the frame counter mess up when viewing the log. I saved the trace file and will send it also.

This is with 2.5.15 Dec 19

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast