Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10% Ethanol

There is a guy in LS1Tech, goes by RUNN that changed his F-body over to E85. He is in Sweden and it's MUCH cheaper then gas over there. He did a big writeup on it. Basically all he did was put bigger 42lbs/hr injectors in it and changed the tune. Did nothing to the fuel system. I honestly believe these fuel systems will handle the ethanol without any corrosion problems just fine. He has been running like this for over 2 years now and hasn't had any problems. I would love to run my truck on it, but I don't have anywhere to buy the stuff. The turbo would LOVE it .
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Have done some extensive reading on Ethanol in the past .
    Ethanol is not corrosive just tends to break lose deposits left from having gasoline in the system (larger injectors , but some say they have ran with stock injectors on problem E85) , so filter change is needed , Methanol on the other hand is corrosive .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

This should give you an idea of what needs to be changed:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E85

Seems like an Ethanol injection, as opposed to Meth, would be better for FI....

Default Good subject

We have E10 around and have had it for years. For the first 10 years, E10 was more expensive than ethanol free gas outside of SE Wisconsin. Still haven't figurred that one out.

I havea tune setup for E10 but will not be able to try it until spring. Soem say that E10 is negligable in terms of changing your tune around for it. I think a half point of AFR is significant.

One thing that caught my attjention is looking at the OLCf for te E38 ECM. This OS has a blending table that does not start to adjust for ethanol until after 10% ethanol and maxes @ 80% ethanol.

After seeing this, it just makes me wonder if 10% ethanol is insignificant. This makes sense to anyone?

2015 Z06 A8

The 'official' stance from most OEM's is that 10% requires no changes to anything. I see that as 10% less money that goes to the.......ahhh, I better stop in the Christmas spirit
    Though wiki sums that up in this statement on the advantages of E85 at least -
    "such as increased economic benefits for rural populations, less reliance on foreign energy"

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    Perhaps I'm not the sharpest marble in the bag, but I'm not seeing the relation between prattmiller and E85.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    Perhaps I'm not the sharpest marble in the bag, but I'm not seeing the relation between prattmiller and E85.
    Built Jay Leno's Corvette , first E85 Corvette shown at SEMA , someone asked about info on the Corvette .
    I think this is the E85 car they are going to sell : http://prattmiller.com/customernews.php?NewsID=524
    Pics : http://www.prattmiller.com/gallery.php?id=251
    Last edited by Chevy366; December 26th, 2007 at 09:52 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12