Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ..and then, there's the USA...

Default ..and then, there's the USA...

" GM: [New MPG and] Emission law may hamper muscle cars...."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071220/...CGhkuT.4is0NUE
    "The Corvette's chief engineer says the 2009 Corvette ZR1 may be the last in a long tradition of Detroit performance cars, endangered by stronger federal fuel economy regulations and limits on carbon dioxide emissions.

"High-performance vehicles such as this may actually be legislated out of existence," Tadge Juechter said at a recent showing of the ZR1, which is designed to have around 620 horsepower."

Funny, what about those ass-i-nine SUV's and monster pick-ups that many idiot Americans choose to drive daily?

As usual, and as has happened before, the stupid have managed to get noticed, and those with intelligence and abilities are left to suffer a fate worse than FWD:

Wimpy Performance Cars

A big, steaming pile of excrement is wished for all Hummer, non-contractor truck and SUV owners, and to those that endorse them. Your pig-headed antics have frightened the politicians into action in the name of economy and ecology.

MRK

I won't be missing it too much if it costs 100k.
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by emarkay
    A big, steaming pile of excrement is wished for all Hummer, non-contractor truck and SUV owners, and to those that endorse them. Your pig-headed antics have frightened the politicians into action in the name of economy and ecology.

Quote Originally Posted by emarkay
    " GM: [New MPG and] Emission law may hamper muscle cars...."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071220/...CGhkuT.4is0NUE
    "The Corvette's chief engineer says the 2009 Corvette ZR1 may be the last in a long tradition of Detroit performance cars, endangered by stronger federal fuel economy regulations and limits on carbon dioxide emissions.

"High-performance vehicles such as this may actually be legislated out of existence," Tadge Juechter said at a recent showing of the ZR1, which is designed to have around 620 horsepower."

Funny, what about those ass-i-nine SUV's and monster pick-ups that many idiot Americans choose to drive daily?

As usual, and as has happened before, the stupid have managed to get noticed, and those with intelligence and abilities are left to suffer a fate worse than FWD:

Wimpy Performance Cars

MRK
    Hey , I resemble that remark , Pick-ups were before the plastic Hot Wheel toys .
    Sorry to hear that , muscle cars have been a American Icon for years .
    Just wait though we could be tuning Hydrogen soon , talk about "big bang theory" .
    One way or another , someone will figure out how to keep Horse Power alive .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Muscle cars may not be dead yet. Chevy announced the new 2009 ZR-1 Corvette with a 6.2L V8, 620 HP and 595 lb.ft. of torque. Available next summer. Definitely out of my price range.

For more info: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2009zr1/index.shtml

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    You non contractor you. :p

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
    I'm a non-contractor that owns...*GASP* TWO pickup trucks!!!

And I daily drive them.
    2005 Silverado Duramax LLY - EFI Live Tuned
    1969 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup - Turbocharged 5.3L/4L80E - EFI Live Tuned
    1975 Avenger Jet Boat - 6.0L/Berkley pump - EFI Live tune in progress

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
    Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin

Mr. P.

This is only another chapter in the holy green bible. The politicians could care less about emissions, or the enviroment, they only latch on to this hoax as an excuse to raise taxes and control the masses. This is merely a symptom / bi-product that fits the template-fast cars bad/ mass transit good. The politicians will continue to fly on their personal 747's and other large aircraft which spew way more than a perfomance car/truck could in it's entire lifetime.

They'll get my guns, performance vehicles, and booze over my dead body.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Unhappy

It is a very sad state that we're headed into...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast