Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I look at Logged Data ?

Default How do I look at Logged Data ?

I updated everything to today's release and it looks like I was able to log data from my 98 C5. I tried to look at the data like I used to do with V1 in the Scan Tool but that did not work. When I look at EFILive Explorer under the Scan tab there is a file BBLO0001.EFI, but it will not let me copy it to the PC or do anything else with it.

When I try to look at it with V2 I get an ERROR $0280 and when I look at the V2 with HAPI there is a trace file with ERROR 389 and ERROR $0185.

I must have missed the page with the rest of the directions for Black Box Logging.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lifetime Member

You can't just drag and drop the file into one of the PC folders within EFILive Explorer? That's what I had to do because it wouldn't let me right click/copy/paste.

I just tried to drag and drop but it would not let me.

Thanks.

You need to drag your logs from the scan files tab in EFILive Explorer to a folder on your computer in EFILive Explorer. You can't copy them out of the EFILive Explorer program into another program such as Windows Explorer.
    2006 GMC 2500HD cc/sb 4X4 SLT LBZ

the other way it can be done is if you have an sd card reader, put the card into the card reader and look in the scan folder with windows explorer.then you can copy/cut and paste it to where you want it.

I was able to drag the file into several different folders using EFILive Explorer. I thought I tried that last time and kept getting the circle with a line through it. I also was able to open the file with the Scan Tool.

I don't know what changed between just now and my earlier try, but I'm glad it works.

I've been having the same trouble with this. There is a grayed out circle with a slash through it when you are trying to move it to an area that is not valid but the area that shows a piece of paper like image I cannot get the file to move or copy there. I've tried shutting down all other applications, rebooting the machine etc. No worky! This is with a file on the internal flash. I'll try the SD card next.

I think it was that I was dragging the file to the upper center section of EFILive Explorer and trying to put the file in a folder. When I dragged the file to the upper right side which would be the contents of the folder it worked.

I still cannot get my file to transfer to my PC from the internal flash on the Flashscan v2.

Can you double click on a Log file in EE and it open FS ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast