Thread: I think I killed another ECM...

Default I think I killed another ECM...

Just updated to V7.5 and wrote a new tune for the truck... Jumped in to full flash because I modified tunes #3 and #4. EFI Live gave my ECM a new serial number since it has been 000... for a long time and then the V2 and the laptop quit talking and my flash failed. Now I cannot re-flash...

Any ideas...???

Bentley

Ross and Paul, I am sending you an e-mail with the .blx files...

Bentley

Bently, it's in a very delicate state!
    The ECM has totally erased the flash memory, it got that far, whatever you do don't pull power to the ECM or you have your self a doorstop.
    Shutdown the laptop, restart everything and try the full flash again, if the ECM is still running the full flash bootloader (assuming power has not been removed from it) then EFILive will detect this and retry the flash.
    Do you still happen to have your V1 cable? I only ask because on the next lot of blx files it looks like the V2 is trying to talk to the TCM, not the ECM.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross, tried that. I turned the ignition off for a few mins while I restarted my laptop and pluged everything back into everything and I still got the same error. I did disconect the batteries after that so I guess I am SOL... Why in the world would it be trying to talk to the TCM??

Bentley

Bentley, I think it's going to the TCM because there is zero response from the ECM, I know that seems odd, but a CPU has to do 'something' it can't make a decision by itself, I don't know the code flow inside the V2 but the error paths resulting from the dead ECM is causing it to then try the TCM.
    Certainly before that stage it has tried to communicate with the ECM.

Sorry this happened and there is no indication in the blx file as to why everything just stopped after the flash was erased. I assume you had full flashed the ECM on a few occassions before this?
    FYI, I full flashed an LB7 ECM here about 5 or 6 times today to make sure nothing was wrong in the software all of a sudden but they all went fine.

Contact Wait4forme or Trippin, both those guys should have a spare ECM to sell you, though given the Christmas break I can't see that happening overnight.

Now, my kids are in bed, it's time to finish present wrapping.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross, sorry for interrupting your X-Max dinner tonight... I have already been in contact with Guy and he is going to get an ECM out first thing tomorrow morning so I should be able to have it by Wednesday. I understand, I have full flashed my ECM since July because my serial number was stuck at 000... and that was the only way EFI Live would let me do it. This AM it let re-programed my serial number like Paul had said that it would and then failed as soon as it had erased the ECM data for re-write.

Now I know that even in the event that this happens that their is the chance that it will still be recoverable even if it fails during the "red" zone... I am going to learn how to re-place the chip sets now too, since I seem to be jinxed. I will turn my newly formed door stop into a functional ECM, hopefully!!

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!

Bentley