Thread: Anyone Tune a GM 3.6 VVT V6?

Default Anyone Tune a GM 3.6 VVT V6?

Wife bought a 2008 Saturn Vue with a 3.6 VVT V6. Has anyone wrote any tunes for this engine yet? Anyone have a stock tune for a Saturn Outland, GMC Arcadia or Buick Enclave they want to share? The Vue puts out 257hp and 248 ft/lbs of torque stock while the bigger vehicles with the same engine are tuned to 275 hp.

Thanks,

Rob
    Boise Idaho

Did an 07 Buick Enclave with the same motor.
    There is potential to improve for sure. I'll see if I can find the original and modified tunes on the laptop, either way, the vehicle did drive much better which is not me bragging, it was just tuned very conservative and soft, we only did one flash with some timing, fuel and torque changes and that was it, no cam phasing mods at all, though that would have been interesting.
    The TCM was untouched but that needed help too, the horrible mode where they change down a gear coasting down hill (without fuel cutoff) would have to go if it were mine.

Have you read the tune from it yet?

Cheers,
    Ross

P.S, we have an IdahoRob on here already, now a BoiseRob!!
    Last edited by GMPX; December 31st, 2007 at 09:07 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

IdahoRob tunes my 2007 LBZ Duramax. I want to use the second VIN license to tune my wifes 2008 Saturn Vue with the 3.6.

Thanks Ross...

Rob Rule
    Boise Idaho

Well, I can't find the tuned file from the Enclave, but, the trick was to enable PE mode (the timer was at 10 seconds or something like that), the timing wasn't too bad for low octane fuel, also reducing the torque reduction helped.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I just bought a 2014 Buick Enclave and looking to add a little more power and better mileage. Any help on what you did would be appreciated.
    *RED 2006 LLY Duramax w/Allison Crew Cab LT, EFI Live, AEM Workhorse Polished intake, Pinnacle 4" Straight Exhaust w/5" polished Bullydog SS Tip, BD corrected manifold, Diamond Eye down pipe, Blocker plate and finger stick, Transgo JR, Amsoil Dual Remote Bypass filter, 68mm Turbo by Danville Performance, 98 gallon in bed tank, 52 gallon main tank

Sorry Brad that was over 10 years ago, I don't remember.