Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bootblock Upgrade????

Lifetime Member

ya you have to read post number 12 very well, and do what it says. PM me your phone number, and I will try and help you like bobo helped me. I had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM But it is not a simple as everyone says, and I now that I have my V2 unit working, my software doesn't want to bring up my tunes. Go FIGURE. V7.5 disappeared and V8 won't work so I am up a creek without a paddle.

Dennis if I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't touch a thing yet. If it works, let it alone. Just being honest.

Do you remember the steps you went through to correct this problem and download the firmware? I just can't get my V2 to stop Flashing these two yellow LED lights to stop flashing. I installed the software on another computer and still no luck. Same thing, 2 yellow leds alternating and FlashScan V2 still reports the unit is still not in deadpoll mode. What is interesting is the 2nd computer saw the Flashscan V2 and installed the USB drivers. I looked at post number 12 I that's what steps I went through however the Flashscan still is locked up.
    Last edited by ctrockst; January 13th, 2008 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duramaximizer
    Dennis if I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't touch a thing yet. If it works, let it alone. Just being honest.
    I feel ya, i got a 98 ls1 so i don't even know why i upgraded. Not like i will be able to benefit from it anytime soon.

It's very important to decide if you want to be a beta tester before you start beta testing! If you decide that you want to go the beta route, then you need to make sure you read all of the supplied documentation before you actually start applying beta software - this includes, instructions, readme's, forum post, etc... What you find in the documentation may change your mind about beta testing.

Sounds like both of you have applied the intial boot block upgrade, but are now stuck, or were stuck, on the part about applying the new V8 firmware. Once the boot block is upgraded you can no longer use the legacy V2 tools to apply firmware upgrades. You will have to start using EFILive_Explorer.

As per the documentation, the boot block upgrade is permanent and you can't go back to what you had before. I would highly recommend that you visit the V2 BBL beta forum and download the latest firmware and supporting documentation. Please read the documentation completely before applying the firmware. After you have read and are familiar with the documentation, you should be able to follow it step by step to apply, if necessary, the boot block, and then the BBL firmware update.

I'm moving this thread to the BBL Beta forum. If you still can't get it sorted, please post up and someone will get you on your way.

Exclamation Beta Testing is not for everyone...

+1 to what TA said.

If you want to run beta test code, you have to expect the possible pitfalls... this is what beta testing is all about -> finding and weeding out problems that don't occur on the developer's bench, and these problems may range from benign to severe or worse (V2, PCM, or PC/laptop may get messed up).

If your V2 earns you money, or if it's your customer's or friend's car, or if it's your daily driver (that you rely on to commute to/from work), or if you don't have a means to recover/replace the PCM, then you should seriously consider if you really want to do beta testing.

On a positive note, for some beta testers, it all goes well and they avoid falling into any holes.
    Last edited by joecar; January 14th, 2008 at 02:22 PM.

Thumbs up

Thanks to all beta testers (because they really are risking alot by sticking their necks and limbs out).

Mine went smooth, i read everything on the readme file and followed it step by step. I like what you guys are going to. epecially the auto update, that is sweet. I just don't think i will benefit from it just yet.

Lifetime Member

I wanted the software...upgrades and tables the rest I didn't care about. When I went though the software upgrade, it had new firmware in it.....so I didn't think the firmware would be a beta version. Nor did I really want beta just LBZ stuff. Anyway I see new firmware.....so duhhh I load new firmware. Well Mr. V2 asks if I would like to do a bootblock upgrade....which I had never done, nor care to do again.....anyway, I say "yes" and yes and yes.......BTW all before there were the intructions etc etc that there are now. Otherwise I wouldn't have. So now I have the latest and greatest firmware and bootblock but it now I am limited to an icon with the "EFILiveV7_5.exe" on my desktop that won't let me do a damn thing.

If anyone can help me there, I would greatly appreciate it. It asks me if I want to run it, but then it can't access it or and it ask about downloading a repair or a new version, I have tried both, and can't get either option to get me any where. Once I get highspeed, I am deleting everything EFI Live related and going to try it again, so far, no luck on anything software related even on 7.5.3.

**NEED HELP**

I have the latest bootblock and firmware (beta).. Went out to flash my E40/T42 a few minutes ago for a tire swap, now its dead, wont start..?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efi-live-failure.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	2859

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4DRSS
    **NEED HELP**

I have the latest bootblock and firmware (beta).. Went out to flash my E40/T42 a few minutes ago for a tire swap, now its dead, wont start..?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efi-live-failure.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	2859
    Please see this thread:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....5191#post65191

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123