Thread: Suggestions for ScanTool Feature.

Lifetime Member

Default Suggestions for ScanTool Feature.

I am very happy with EFI-Live and I am aware that the EFI-Live crew is very busy constantly upgrading the software.

However, I would just like to make a suggestion or two for the Software Suite.

• Show map as 2-D feature, (Ctrl+2), [In Tune Tool]
      This is a very cool feature but it confuses me when I am editing the VE table.
      Would it be possible to make it viewable by columns or rows instead of only viewable by rows?
      I understand when it is viewed by rows it is like a dyno graph but I think it could be useful to edit the tables by columns, also! If viewable by columns I could get the curve of the table faster.

• Compare Cal to Alt features, (Ctrl+6,7,8,), [In Tune Tool]
      I love these features! They are very useful to me. I was wondering if it would be possible to add one more comparison: Generate both tables in the same view and make them partially transparent. This way you could understand differences in tables very rapidly.

• Calibrate FSV2 A/D channels. [In Scan Tool]
      Whenever I calibrated my A/D converter in my FSV2 I had to connect to my vehicle to get that option to light up. Could it be possible to write the program where you can calibrate to channels without being connected to a vehicle? This would allow people to calibrate the V2 from a power supply or in the convience of their home/workshop

Anyways. No reply is needed from the crew and I am not saying the product is not good enough. Just putting my 2 cents in to make sure EFI-Live stays on top! And yes, I understand more features cost money. It is just a suggestion, though.

Thank you.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_z28_six_speed
    Show map as 2-D feature, (Ctrl+2), [In Tune Tool]
    This is a very cool feature but it confuses me when I am editing the VE table.
    Would it be possible to make it viewable by columns or rows instead of only viewable by rows?
    I understand when it is viewed by rows it is like a dyno graph but I think it could be useful to edit the tables by columns, also! If viewable by columns I could get the curve of the table faster.
    EFILive Version 8 will allow transposing of row/columns - unfortunately we can't do that in version 7 of the software.

Compare Cal to Alt features, (Ctrl+6,7,8,), [In Tune Tool]
    I love these features! They are very useful to me. I was wondering if it would be possible to add one more comparison: Generate both tables in the same view and make them partially transparent. This way you could understand differences in tables very rapidly.
    Interesting concept and something that we will look into adding into V8. We had already planned to do a similar thing with logged data charts.

Calibrate FSV2 A/D channels. [In Scan Tool]
    Whenever I calibrated my A/D converter in my FSV2 I had to connect to my vehicle to get that option to light up. Could it be possible to write the program where you can calibrate to channels without being connected to a vehicle? This would allow people to calibrate the V2 from a power supply or in the convience of their home/workshop
    Unfortunately (or fortunately, depends on your point of view), the A/D inputs are isolated from FlashScan's CPU by opto isolators. The circuits that drive the opto isolators are powered from the 12V feed from the vehicle. They cannot be powered from the 5V (sometimes 4.75V) USB supply. That means you need to be connected to a 12V power supply (it doesn't have to be a vehicle).

See this doc for FlashScan's pinouts, you can easily chop the end of a Cat-5 network cable to make a plug that powers FlashScan from a "wall-wart" 12V regulated power supply.
    http://download2.efilive.com/Tutoria...20Tutorial.pdf

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick
    Hey! Thank you for the link. I will address further issues inside your thread. Nice to see you around again!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    EFILive Version 8 will allow transposing of row/columns - unfortunately we can't do that in version 7 of the software.

Interesting concept and something that we will look into adding into V8. We had already planned to do a similar thing with logged data charts.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depends on your point of view), the A/D inputs are isolated from FlashScan's CPU by opto isolators. The circuits that drive the opto isolators are powered from the 12V feed from the vehicle. They cannot be powered from the 5V (sometimes 4.75V) USB supply. That means you need to be connected to a 12V power supply (it doesn't have to be a vehicle).

See this doc for FlashScan's pinouts, you can easily chop the end of a Cat-5 network cable to make a plug that powers FlashScan from a "wall-wart" 12V regulated power supply.
    http://download2.efilive.com/Tutoria...20Tutorial.pdf

Regards
    Paul
    Thank you for responding! I realise it is hard to run a business and things take time but thanks anyways for thinking of such things pre-emptively! That is what seperates a business from a business that actually cares. I have used other software suites and wouldn't switch back for anything. Keep up the good work!