Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom dash in V7.5 ??

Default Custom dash in V7.5 ??

Am I the only one?

After installing V7.5 and updates, I dragged my custom dash files over from 7.4 where they work fine.
    When I try to open that custom dash in 7.5 I get an error messsage :

" Can't load dash file: (location, looks correct)
    The system cannot find the file specified. Win:32 error:2."

I have tried this on several computers with same result, either co-exsisting with 7.4 or 7.5 only. I need my rather elaboate custom dash.
    Last edited by Bruce Melton; January 14th, 2008 at 05:12 AM.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Did you also copy any folders that were associated with the dash pages (if any) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5
    Did you also copy any folders that were associated with the dash pages (if any) ?
    Oh yeah, as in the past updates and the files show in the available 7.5 dash files.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

I am having this exact same problem any time i try to load a custom dash with 7.5, i hope theres a fix i feel useless without them :(
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com

Are you trying to open a *.vdb file? The reason I ask is that I just tried that with 'Default LS2 Imperial.vdb' and I think I got the same error message as you. when I opened each dash page *_A.vdp, *_B.vdp and then saved the dashboard, i was able to open the dashboard (*.vdb) pages. It seems that the dashboard file had incorrect data in it and opening individual pages and saving again worked for me.

Hope that solves your problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5
    Are you trying to open a *.vdb file? The reason I ask is that I just tried that with 'Default LS2 Imperial.vdb' and I think I got the same error message as you. when I opened each dash page *_A.vdp, *_B.vdp and then saved the dashboard, i was able to open the dashboard (*.vdb) pages. It seems that the dashboard file had incorrect data in it and opening individual pages and saving again worked for me.

Hope that solves your problem!
    Ninety8C5,

I think you are on to the cause, but I have not worked it out adequately. I can open the dash but it is missing a large number of guages even though the files seem to be there. Am still digging but with good leads now.
    You sure can't just drag the dash files over from 7.4 like before.
    Thanks,
    Bruce

PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

Copying the C5 Dash folder, the C5dash.vdb and associated C5dash_A(B)(C).vdp files from the V7/VDash folder to the V7.5/VDash folder worked for me.

What is strange is the example I gave you before failed on my laptop at work, but worked on my PC at home. So I guess your right that somethings do/did not copy over correctly. Maybe just copy and paste again?

Good Luck!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I don't have access to the latest release, but try checking the file names in the *.vdp and *.vdp files. You can edit those files using notepad. They are just standard *.ini file formats.

The filenames should be relative pathnames, but in some cases, custom dashboards may be saved with pathnames that include the "V7" part. Maybe you will need to change those references to V7.5

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Update-
    Seems new install V7.5 only installs a limited # of PIDs. No 02 sensor voltage for example. You cannot drag PIDs from previous collections and the only way is to install additional PIDs is connect to car to "validate Parameters" which then allows you to see and select PIDs to support Dash. Not that the Dash will then be perfectly restored but the gauges can be rebuilt. Hugely time consuming and if you cannot connect your desktop computer how to proceed?

Blacky does any of this make sense? It does appear that the pathnames are correct after being moved.

PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    Update-
    Seems new install V7.5 only installs a limited # of PIDs. No 02 sensor voltage for example. You cannot drag PIDs from previous collections and the only way is to install additional PIDs is connect to car to "validate Parameters" which then allows you to see and select PIDs to support Dash. Not that the Dash will then be perfectly restored but the gauges can be rebuilt. Hugely time consuming and if you cannot connect your desktop computer how to proceed?

Blacky does any of this make sense? It does appear that the pathnames are correct after being moved.
    Man bruce, i coudnt have described my problems any better then you have here n this thread, i am getting the EXACT same conditions as you.
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast