Thread: Theory question (AutoVE related)

Default Theory question (AutoVE related)

So I had tuned the car over the past few weeks with the LC1 in open loop, and it had been going pretty successful. Got the A/F in the ~15:1 range cruising, and locked at 12.7:1 at wide open. Nice, car rips real good now and all around has better manners compared to when I had it "tuned" over the summer. I even did the timing trick for stall saver and have alieveated (spelling) most of those issues too.

We have been having a warm spell lately, enough to where I feel it would be necessary to do some more AutoVE tuning/logging. Question is this: Since you are merely finding the BEN when you AutoVE, can I just shoot for a target a/f change (let's say .4:1 to be generous), calculate the factor (12.7 divided by 12.3 for example, which gives me 1.0325xxxxx), and multiply my whole Main VE table by that? I don't mind doing more AutoVE logs, I find it enjoyable, but I was just thinking about this and figured I'd ask. It's been a slower day at work... forgive me Thanks.

-J

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by lastcall190
    So I had tuned the car over the past few weeks with the LC1 in open loop, and it had been going pretty successful. Got the A/F in the ~15:1 range cruising, and locked at 12.7:1 at wide open. Nice, car rips real good now and all around has better manners compared to when I had it "tuned" over the summer. I even did the timing trick for stall saver and have alieveated (spelling) most of those issues too.

We have been having a warm spell lately, enough to where I feel it would be necessary to do some more AutoVE tuning/logging. Question is this: Since you are merely finding the BEN when you AutoVE, can I just shoot for a target a/f change (let's say .4:1 to be generous), calculate the factor (12.7 divided by 12.3 for example, which gives me 1.0325xxxxx), and multiply my whole Main VE table by that? I don't mind doing more AutoVE logs, I find it enjoyable, but I was just thinking about this and figured I'd ask. It's been a slower day at work... forgive me Thanks.

-J
    Once you have the VE table nailed for a set temperature and you have a drift when hotter or colder , then is the time to start playing with A0014 IAT VE MULTIPLIER , this will correct for drift in temperature , its added into the custom OS just for this purpose.

Wow good to know... more motivation for COS5. Thanks.

-J