Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Escalade + BBL

Default 2007 Escalade + BBL

Connected it up without fanfare, for the most part. V2 did complain that a PID was invalid and asked me to deselect it. I used the E40 Auto PMM -- could not immediately find a way to deselect that PID.

It was real cold outside so I only tinkered for about 5 minutes. Will get more data tomorrow.

Note, the same thing happens on the E38 Auto config, which is the proper controller for this vehicle. It does not happen on E40 Manual or E38 Manual.

The missing PID is TFMDC.

The tranny on this vehicle is a 6 speed auto. I think most other E38's may be 4 speed autos but admittedly, being a MT guy I usually do not pay attention to what AT is in what vehicle these days

Oh and BTW, going through the process of upgrading the bootblock, firmware, and getting this connected to my vehicle really makes me appreciate the amount of design and forethought that went into not only the code but also the hardware design and integration.

There is no doubt, what EFILive is doing is no easy job -- you guys are freakin' geniuses and always a pleasure to work with. Thanks guys (and ladies!)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony @ MPH
    The missing PID is TFMDC.
    The strange thing is (and I'm still trying to figure out why), is that the TCM reports that PID as supported (when validating PIDs in the PC based Scan Tool) but when any attempt is made to log it via BBL, the PCM reports that PID as not supported. It may turn out to be "only" supported for freeze frame data or something like that.

Any chance of attempting to log that PID using the PC based Scan Tool and see what happens? Do a validate PIDs on the TCM first, and check the valid PIDs to make sure that PID is not flagged as invalid.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Oh and BTW, going through the process of upgrading the bootblock, firmware, and getting this connected to my vehicle really makes me appreciate the amount of design and forethought that went into not only the code but also the hardware design and integration.

There is no doubt, what EFILive is doing is no easy job -- you guys are freakin' geniuses and always a pleasure to work with. Thanks guys (and ladies!)
    Glad you appreciate it, The FlashScan development work is a bit like an iceberg, only the top 10% is visible.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    The strange thing is (and I'm still trying to figure out why), is that the TCM reports that PID as supported (when validating PIDs in the PC based Scan Tool) but when any attempt is made to log it via BBL, the PCM reports that PID as not supported. It may turn out to be "only" supported for freeze frame data or something like that.

Any chance of attempting to log that PID using the PC based Scan Tool and see what happens? Do a validate PIDs on the TCM first, and check the valid PIDs to make sure that PID is not flagged as invalid.

Regards
    Paul
    Sure Paul, I'd be happy to. We're having a bit of a hectic day here so it will be later this evening, Eastern time. But I'll definitely get to it this evening.

BTW, are there any known bugs pulling the knock retard PID from the PCM? As far as I could tell there are not. But I noticed this vehicle, which is 100% stock, gets a LOT of knock. Anywhere from 3 to 8 degrees and mostly at light/part throttle. But I can see the PCM is commanding an awful lot of timing, usually over 40 degrees. It seemed almost unbelievable how much it was knocking, or thought it was knocking.

Sure Paul, I'd be happy to. We're having a bit of a hectic day here so it will be later this evening, Eastern time. But I'll definitely get to it this evening.

BTW, are there any known bugs pulling the knock retard PID from the PCM? As far as I could tell there are not. But I noticed this vehicle, which is 100% stock, gets a LOT of knock. Anywhere from 3 to 8 degrees and mostly at light/part throttle. But I can see the PCM is commanding an awful lot of timing, usually over 40 degrees. It seemed almost unbelievable how much it was knocking, or thought it was knocking.
    I have heard this from others as well, so there may well be an issue. We are still looking at it. If you could send a *.efi file showing the knock, that would help a lot.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I have heard this from others as well, so there may well be an issue. We are still looking at it. If you could send a *.efi file showing the knock, that would help a lot.

Regards
    Paul
    Consider it done, I'll do both this evening. Thanks Paul.

OK, TFMDC shows up as invalid when connected to the T43 TCM on this vehicle (both before and after doing a validate PID).

Also, I have a BBL .efi file with what appears to be extraneous KR. I am just not entirely sure how to get it off the flash memory on the V2. I tried dragging and dropping in E-explorer but with no success.

For what it's worth... the reason I didn't even think that there was a bug was because I could visually see actual spark dropping when KR was introduced. Since both values moved together or at least appeared to on the LCD I figured it may not be a bug. But on the other hand, it really seems to knock an awful lot. Hmmm...

Lifetime Member

Tony - I really haven't done a lot of logging on my truck yet but, I see some part throttle KR also on mine. It's a 2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L/6L90E E38. Seems to knock a lot at low speeds with around 30-40% throttle. I'm gonna have to take the laptop out and do some real logging though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast