Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 Escalade + BBL

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony @ MPH
    OK, TFMDC shows up as invalid when connected to the T43 TCM on this vehicle (both before and after doing a validate PID).
    Can you locate the *.vpl that was created wehn you validated the PIDs. It will be in the \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\PIDs folder and will be named XXXXXXXXX_X.vpl where the X's are the digits from your TCM's VIN. (The underscore is the position of the VIN's checkdigit and is not included in the filename). Please send it to me at paul@efilive.com

Also, I have a BBL .efi file with what appears to be extraneous KR. I am just not entirely sure how to get it off the flash memory on the V2. I tried dragging and dropping in E-explorer but with no success.
    Are you getting $0185 errors? If so please read this:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7017

For what it's worth... the reason I didn't even think that there was a bug was because I could visually see actual spark dropping when KR was introduced. Since both values moved together or at least appeared to on the LCD I figured it may not be a bug. But on the other hand, it really seems to knock an awful lot. Hmmm...
    Well that does sort of indicate that the ECM "thinks" there is knock. It wouldn't be pulling spark if it was just EFILive recording the knock value incorrectly.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Those VPLs are coming your way Paul.

Regarding the PCM thinking there is knock, I am 100% on board with you. That is precisely why I felt it may not be a bug and that it may be real.

In other related news (and confirming this theory) I received a call today from a shop that built a custom turbo kit for the E38 Escalade. They said they were *also* seeing crazy knock on the stock tune. The motor needed new pistons and rods to drop the CR before it would make good, reliable power with the turbo.

So I guess this is a bit of good news for you (e.g., no bug to fix) and bad news for me (e.g., that blower kit I just bought... you know, the one I was going to slip past my significant other, because there's so much room on the trucks that it couldn't possibly take longer than 6 hours to install.. yeah... that one... well, it's going to be a much more involved install than just strapping the blower on if the PCM knocks this much from the factory ).

I'm dumbfounded. How can GM ship a motor that knocks this much from the factory without wrecking itself inside of 30K miles? We're not just talking 1-2*, we're talking 8* or more... frequently...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12