Thread: Does disabling one NBO2 affect tuning

Default Does disabling one NBO2 affect tuning

I installed my wideband in place of one narrowband. I will be tuning in open loop mode. I have the LM1 so won't install permanently. Of course a code is thrown because of the disconnected O2. Will this affect anything while tuning? I assume not but just want to confirm. If I enable closed loop will I be able to tune with only one NBO2 connected?
    99 FRC 402 Twin Turbo

If you force open loop, the O2's are ignored. It shouldn't effect your tuning as far as I know.

No, you can't tune with just one NB because it will throw off the fueling. Tune with your wideband, get it dialed in, removed the sensor, hook back up the other sensor and see how close she is.

Lifetime Member

Default Re: Does disabling one NBO2 affect tuning

Quote Originally Posted by hpcubed
    I installed my wideband in place of one narrowband. I will be tuning in open loop mode. I have the LM1 so won't install permanently. Of course a code is thrown because of the disconnected O2. Will this affect anything while tuning? I assume not but just want to confirm. If I enable closed loop will I be able to tune with only one NBO2 connected?
    If you are truely in open loop then the O2 sensors wont be looked at and so a code should not be thrown.

I always leave the remove O2 sensor connected just cable tied up the the gearbox so I dont get any heater codes coming up.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delco

If you are truely in open loop then the O2 sensors wont be looked at and so a code should not be thrown.

I always leave the remove O2 sensor connected just cable tied up the the gearbox so I dont get any heater codes coming up.

That's been my experience.
    When I went Open Loop no codes for the O2s were thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Delco
    Quote Originally Posted by hpcubed

So if you do not leave the sensor connected and you are in open loop, you will still get a code due to no O2 heater connection? I did not look at the actual code, I just saw that the check engine light is on and assumed the code would be for the O2 being disconnected.

Edit: Ahh, forgot to disable fuel trims :oops:
    99 FRC 402 Twin Turbo