Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driver problem -- WinXP SP2

Well, the install directions on the CD which have always worked for me do indicate to plug the Flashscan in so that Windows PNP will start the driver install process. We've tried various ways including with the FSV2 plugged in and without it plugged in but always the same result:

"The system cannot find the file specified"

It does not tell us which file it's looking for.

So you have removed EFILive software , removed the registry entries for EFLive and any files found doing a drive search that remains for EFILive and then re-installed EFILive ?
    Pretty odd , should be a entry in system log as to what has happened , drwatson.exe (start>run>Drwtsn32.exe , will appear in task bar) does sometime show system errors , saves a log in drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINNT\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson
    Last edited by Chevy366; January 10th, 2008 at 08:23 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Default I'm the guy

My first post here!

Well, here is an update from the recipient of this wonderful software. (I'm so freakin lost right now.)

We tried everything. I sincerely want to thank Tony at MPH. He was very helpful and spent something like 3-4 hours on the phone trying to help me get this thing loaded. The amazing part is that I am overseas and a lot of it was even on his dime. Tony you rock!

I spent most of the day yesterday formatting the computer and starting from scratch. I loaded the drivers and........It now works as advertised! I guess windows just lost something over time.

Thanks for everyones input. I am positive you will be hearing a whole lot more from me on here.

Glad it all worked out , to bad you had to reload Windows though .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Hoo-rah! I finally got a chance to "troll" the forums and spend some time diving back into the threads to find this one. I am really glad it worked out for you.

Yeah, that driver issue had me stumped. I've fixed other driver problems about a bajillion times (usually for other people ) and I just could not figure out where or why things went badly.

As I mentioned the FTDI component is common in so many devices that it's most likely an old/bad driver from the past... but what really got me questioning that is the fact that EFI *should* have it's own unique VID (or PID, I forget... it's late) and Windows should not have associated anything else to the V2.

Got to love Windows .
    Windows is strange about how it remembers things , in the Win98 days you did not just load from the CD if you did every time you installed something it would ask for the CD .
    So I use to copy the .cab (cabinet files) to the drive , copy D:\win98\ *.* (don't remember the exact syntax) kind of thing , kind of strange it happened but have loaded hundreds of copies of Windows (found driver install sequence is critical) and not one seemed to be the same every time .
    Why I use Linux now and have for several years , not saying it is better , just it's not Windows .
    2006 Trailblazer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12