Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any idea when efi 7.0 + flash scan will be released?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    We intend to release the new V7 Scan Tool and Tuning tool software in November. The FlashScan interface will be available shortly after that.............................................. ...
    Regards
    Paul

....remember the grafitti in London, during the 60's, that said "Clapton is God" ???.........oh well, nevermind. The above made my day !! Thanks guys :!: :!:

Two VINs will ship standard (included in the purchase price) with the Personal version.
    Extra VINs (up to 10) will be very resonably priced also.
    Extra VINs can be added prior to purchase, or after purchase via email without having returning the cable to EFILive.

Regards
    Paul
    This sounds great.

I have a couple questions about platforms/year models...
    Will the FlashScan cable be restricted to certain year/platform ranges? Or can the (up to) 10 VINs be used on any year/platform that the product supports?
    Also, similar question for software. Will the tuning software be capable of viewing and/or modifying all year/platforms? Or restricted?

thanks
    2003 Silverado SS
    N/A: 14.257 @ 94.63 mph
    N2O: 13.200 @ 102.3 mph

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deezel
    This sounds great.

I have a couple questions about platforms/year models...
    Will the FlashScan cable be restricted to certain year/platform ranges? Or can the (up to) 10 VINs be used on any year/platform that the product supports?
    Also, similar question for software. Will the tuning software be capable of viewing and/or modifying all year/platforms? Or restricted?

thanks
    There is no restriction on which vehicles you choose to tune. You can reflash any combination of supported vehicles. We will supply a list of supported vehicles when the product is available for sale.

The Tuning Tool software will be free to download, distribute and use, just like the Scan Tool software. You'll just need an interface and a valid license for that interface to use any features that require the interface cable.

I believe the Tuning Tool software will be configured to allow you to view and also edit any supported vehicle - but don't quote me on that just yet, I'm not the one making that decision and I could be wrong.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    Rough est on when 98's will be avaiable? Also i was curious to us who own efilive i know there will be a discount price to upgrade but will this be for one vin or two?
    We are aiming to have 98 support by Christmas.

Two VINs will ship standard (included in the purchase price) with the Personal version.
    Extra VINs (up to 10) will be very resonably priced also.
    Extra VINs can be added prior to purchase, or after purchase via email without having returning the cable to EFILive.

Regards
    Paul
    Thats good enough for me i was hoping it wasnt going to be like 6 months or something.

Guys thanks for all the prompt responses.

I think its going to pay off waiting for your guys product

Wow, thanks Paul. I know what I'm getting for Christmas...
    2003 Silverado SS
    N/A: 14.257 @ 94.63 mph
    N2O: 13.200 @ 102.3 mph

Specific date yet? :wink:

I'm ready. November is almost here!

Default Unlock VCM locked PCM's?

Paul,
    Will Flash scan be able to unlock PCM's locked by VCM suite? When will we see a comparitive list of features etc to compare LS1 edit and VCM suite to Flash scan?
    Thanks
    Matthew

Default Re: Unlock VCM locked PCM's?

Quote Originally Posted by PITS
    Paul,
    Will Flash scan be able to unlock PCM's locked by VCM suite? When will we see a comparitive list of features etc to compare LS1 edit and VCM suite to Flash scan?
    Thanks
    Matthew
    The "locking" method employed by GM, EFIlive and others, is most probably the same.
    However, the unless unlock "key" is known, EFILive will not unlock the PCM.
    If the person who locked the PCM knows the correct key and enters that correct key into EFILive then EFIlive will probably unlock a locked PCM.
    We have not tried to, nor will we try to, subvert the security in any other software package, so we don't really know for sure.

A feature comparison list will be published when the software is relaased.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    Specific date yet? :wink:
    No specific date.
    We can't/won't commit to a date just yet, since many of the milestones on our timeline are out of our control. Once we have full control over the product delivery, i.e. all suppliers have supplied, all stock is available, all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted, then we will give a firm date.

If we did give a date now, we could not provide any certainty and we would be potentially setting people up for disappointment.

We are keenly aware that there has been a delay, but we firmly believe it is better to deliver the right product later, rather than a half done product sooner.
    Anyone who is prepared to wait for the right product will not be disappointed.

EFILive's Tuning Tool is scheduled to be on display in a few upcoming motor/trade events so it *will* be ready soon.

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast