Thread: 411 converison - 2k rpm cutoff now applies

Default 411 converison - 2k rpm cutoff now applies

I switch my 5.7 vortec from the 99 black box to the 411. I put in a 2002 gvan program and recently switched out the tranny parameters from a 2002 manual camaro in order to match the manual tranny in my jeep. I only got one tranny code after the switch but now the truck won't rev above 2000 rpm. Is it some type of abuse parameter or torque cutoff that's stopping me? I'm posting the latest tune and a log file.
    John

Edit: It would rev above 5k with the original Gvan program.
    Edit2: Lextech suggestion of B1207 set to zero fixed it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jomobco; January 12th, 2008 at 12:58 PM.

So the tune is the 2 Trans segments from a Camaro copied in to the G van tune?
    If yes, can you also please post the original G van tune?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'll post all three. The original Gvan tune with the ebay vin I pulled and had programmed upon purchase of the 411 computer. The 2002 camaro tune I grabbed from the Holdencrazy site and the third was the merge of the Gvan and the camaro where I copied both of the tranny segments from the camaro to the gvan. I chose the camaro because it was a manual and it had the same operating system as the gvan. You'll notice the *1001 tune lists the van with a manual tranny which it never had from the factory to my knowledge. Much thanks to lextech for helping this novice with this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jomobco; January 12th, 2008 at 01:26 PM. Reason: loading error

What is your fuel pressure? If the O2 sensors are operating correctly it appears as if you are short on fuel. The merging of files looks good.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

I'm running a holley # 12-914 forced induction in tank fuel pump with the GM 5.7 Vortec factory regulator. My intake manifold gauge reads 55-60 PSI. Since it's a stock tune and I've got a modified intake and exhaust I'm guessing any lean readings are coming from the additional air flow. I'm a serious novice with this and tried to mess with the 99 5.7 VE tables with the black box computer but didn't have any luck and began reading about the tuneability bennefits of the ls* computers. I decided I'd have better luck with changing over and it's paid off immediately in the way it drives not only off idle but past 4k rpm. I've still got to get my LC-1 to work again with the new computer which will greatly help diagnostics. I will then dive into tuning. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've read the manuals and Engine Management Advanced Tuning but it's a lot to take in. It seems every time I get the hang of it I have to walk away to something else and come back and relearn what I just went over. I think my next step is the auto VE tuning I've read about.