Thread: Which Driver file???

Default Which Driver file???

I got a new laptop that has Vista. I had EFI Live and all on my other laptop (actually my fiance's) but now I have my own and I can't remember exactly which files to download.

I got the latest release of the tuning and scanning (V7.5.3) downloaded and installed and apparently working fine. I then downloaded the driver file at the top of the list (think it was V2.0.2 or something of the sorts) AND the AutoTap file. HOWEVER, I couldn't figure out which file to install??? Can someone tell me EXACTLY which driver file(s) I need to download and then EXACTLY how to install them on the computer so all my stuff is right before I try hooking up to my truck.

Thanks for the help!

The latest drivers will be in your ':\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Drivers\FlashScan' folder.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Thanks. I've made it that far, I simply don't know which file to "run" or "open" so that the proper drivers are installed. Any help given would be greatly appreciated as this is very frustrating.

C-ya

Go into your Device Manager and find the FlashScan interface (it is likely under the Unknown devices section). Right click on it and select update driver. When it asks for a folder path navigate to the above location.

I'm using artistic license on the menu references etc as they can differ from OS to OS.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Arggg. I don't know where the Device Manager is on this new Vista crap. It's so frustrating because I was pretty comfortable with XP and am now fumbling along and I'm not used to it. So yeah, it's frustrating me.

Andrew, thanks for your patients.

FOUND IT!!!

Now to see if it works out for me. Thanks so much Andrew!!!

Vista does take a little getting used to. I've been running it full time since Beta 2 and really like it (well most of it) actually

Hopefully you'll be all good now.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

I agree, I was hesistent to get Vista after hearing about it, I havent had any problems (except my first HP laptop had a bad copy of Vista flashed to the HD).

Hope you got it all worked out.

For future reference, to get to the Device Manager for Vista, right click Computer and select Properties. Device Manager is in the upper left hand corner.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.