Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Operating systems

Default Operating systems

What is the operating system? I have 12604138 but see alot of 12606128? how do you get the new OS i assume its through the dealer? are they free? do they make a difference?
    2006 Silverado LBZ Stock.

12606128 fixes P2610 when a battery is reconnected, and then it may be superceded by 12616698 depending on your vin, that fixes EGR cycling issues, and P116 and P181 robustness.

1. Should I get them done?Or is the Stealership going to screw it up?
    2. How does it affect the custom programing in the ECM, do you have to reflash?
    3. What happens if the OS is not the same when you are trying to reflash?

Orginal Question. Where to get them? You can download stock tune files if you search around in here you will find the link as to where they are stored.

Item1. IMO, I would look at the wire diagram and make sure the pin assignments are the same before you change OS's. Even with the same OS, pin assignments are different.(express van and camaro use same OS, but wiring is different)

Item2. Dont understand what your asking?

Item3. There are 2 different relflash options. One is for a tune change. Then there is another for OS change. Buttons are right next to each other. I belive it throws a warning if you are trying to mix stuff up.
    11 Silverado
    08 Sierra
    91 RS with 350 TPI and 411 ECM

Sorry if i wasn't clear, but does operating system come with the stock Tune? I have a link to several stock tunes so if I understand correctly if I download a stock tune for my truck with a upgraded OS the OS is included in that tune and I just have to upload the OS then Reflash with either the stock tune or a custom?

From my understandings, you will need to load the tune that comes with the new/revised os. Then edit that as needed.(can copy your tune into that os file).

But I belive your tune has to be based on the same OS. Like I couldnt load my van tune, onto your LBZ OS. I think it will give an error and tell you to load correct os.

I think what your missing here, is the OS is built into the tune file... its not two different files, its just one.
    11 Silverado
    08 Sierra

The OS button seems to be blanked out on my EFI Live so I am assuming I don't have an operating system or i am doing something wrong? I can find all kinds of tunes but no OS's?

Like I said, the OS is built into the tune.

Um, what version of EFI do you have? I think some versions wont let you change OS??
    11 Silverado
    08 Sierra

I have EFI Live V7.5.3 I have dowloaded two stock tunes with OS 12606128. Is there anything special when you upload an OS? The help section talks about a whole bunch of things but they appear to be about a Custom OS. Do those rules still apply to a stock OS?

I have EFI Live V7.5.3 I have dowloaded two stock tunes with OS 12606128. Is there anything special when you upload an OS? The help section talks about a whole bunch of things but they appear to be about a Custom OS. Do those rules still apply to a stock OS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast