Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TCM shift patterns

Lifetime Member

Default TCM shift patterns

Is there any way you guys can find the rest of the shift patterns in the TCM? In part throttle 1->2 upshift and 2->1 it has patterns E through H which is for the shifter in the '2' position. It would be cool if you could the patterns for that position in all the tables, both part and full throttle. I believe those patterns are actually for the 'M' position so if you could find them it would give us an actual tiptronic type controll where we could force an upshift or downshift.

Lifetime Member

Ross, any word on this?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH
    Is there any way you guys can find the rest of the shift patterns in the TCM? In part throttle 1->2 upshift and 2->1 it has patterns E through H which is for the shifter in the '2' position. It would be cool if you could the patterns for that position in all the tables, both part and full throttle. I believe those patterns are actually for the 'M' position so if you could find them it would give us an actual tiptronic type controll where we could force an upshift or downshift.
    i don't get what you are trying , but i have program my own tune, i have the shift up and down acorring to tps and wot positions check my tune out and see.let me know what you think.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by lennox69
    i don't get what you are trying , but i have program my own tune, i have the shift up and down acorring to tps and wot positions check my tune out and see.let me know what you think.

Which OS is this tune for?
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Quote Originally Posted by LBZ
    Which OS is this tune for?
    for a 2007 allison 6 speed.

what is the os though? 105?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH
    I'm not sure I get exactly what you mean.
    They generally have special case shifts for the selector in 1 or 2, not 3 to 6 as well.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

For 1->2 and 2->1 in the part throttle and I think WOT there are 8 different shift patterns. There is normal, t/h, 4 low, transmission hot, normal with selector in '2', t/h with selector in '2', 4 low with selector in '2' and transmission hot with selector in '2'. Well, on the 6 speed there is no '2' position, there is an 'M' position, and each gear is selected with the +/- buttons on the shifter. With stock programming this just serves as a way to limit the highest available gear, but the transmission will still downshift if it sees the appropriate speed/throttle position.

I was wondering if all those shift patterns were available for the rest of the gears too. Then we could possibly program the shifts so that a gear will not downshift unless you tell it to with the +/- buttons.

Does that make sense now?

I like where you are going with that thinking Josh. Making it a true powershift transmission would be very nice!
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Quote Originally Posted by lennox69
    for a 2007 allison 6 speed.
    IF YOU OPEN THE TUNE FILE IT WILL SAY THE OS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast