Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desperate help I have a mac and im having problems installing efi live help me!!

Default Desperate help I have a mac and im having problems installing efi live help me!!

OKay its been like an hour now and so far i've tried the following.
    i've tried clicking on installefilive thing and it said that the file wasnt supported or it was damaged.
    i've tried downloading adobereader which is confusing as hell but i downloaded it and still says the same thing so im guessing its not supported or something.. but how do i support it?
    i've tried going to windows to see if i could download that but i dont think my computer can download it plus i dont know what windows system to download either.. someone please help im clueless now i shouldnt have bought a mac laptop..but this is the only bullchit that i've come across. i just want to be able to use this program without complications...please help!

Quote Originally Posted by LMMpioneer932
    OKay its been like an hour now and so far i've tried the following.
    i've tried clicking on installefilive thing and it said that the file wasnt supported or it was damaged.
    i've tried downloading adobereader which is confusing as hell but i downloaded it and still says the same thing so im guessing its not supported or something.. but how do i support it?
    i've tried going to windows to see if i could download that but i dont think my computer can download it plus i dont know what windows system to download either.. someone please help im clueless now i shouldnt have bought a mac laptop..but this is the only bullchit that i've come across. i just want to be able to use this program without complications...please help!
    Use "Boot Camp" load Windows on the lappy , install EFIlive .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

whats bootcamp and can i get it on windows site?

Welcome to the forum LMMpioneer932. As you've probably guessed by now, EFILive is not compatible with a MAC OS. As tunedbyGM suggested, you will need to either install Windoze or run an emulator so you can run Windoze on your MAC, then install EFILive.

thanks for the welcome but what windows program should i install, adobe isnt working for me and i duno why, hsould i get windows live? im clueless here

EFILive only works on Windows. Bootcamp works on the new intel based Macs and allows you to dual boot your machine to either Windows or MAC OS. I beleive it's a 3rd party product. You purchase bootcamp and you also have to purchase Windows from MS.

ok so i get windows from microsoft and bootcamp from?

nevermind i can get it from mac, thanks!

If you have a newer Mac-Intel-osh it is already there .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

My recommendation: DON'T use bootcamp! pay the extra $$ for parrallels. Parrallels works MUCH better. It's very similar to VMWare on the PC's and doesn't require a reboot to go from mac OS to Windows or vice versa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast