Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tuning for 3.8 ??

Default tuning for 3.8 ??

Will there ever be any coverage for the 3.8?? Wanting to buy Gtp but would like to be able to do something with it!!

I'm really interested in this also, as we just lost one of our tuning companies, leaving us with HPT as our only choice.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what a GTP is

Send your VIN to support@efilive.com and we can check the PCM and OS used. This is what ultimately determines support.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Well, we have too many other PCM's to finish off before these get done, however, the good news is for those who live in hope, I have already written the reading / programming bootloaders for all the US 3.1, 3.4, 3.8L V6's PCM's from 1996 - 2007, that covers 3 different PCM types.

bw02gtp, lost a company?, did DHP close down?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yeah, dhp is essentially dead, they discontinued the powrtuner, although technically they are still in business.

Neither tuner had anywhere near all the parameters mapped out, and that leaves us tuning half blind, so there are lots of GP guys needing a better tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    ...the good news is for those who live in hope, I have already written the reading / programming bootloaders for all the US 3.1, 3.4, 3.8L V6's PCM's from 1996 - 2007, that covers 3 different PCM types.
    This means we'll eventually be able to tune these...?

(will I be able to tune my wife's 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT with 3.4L V6 "LA1" and 4T45E...?)

Lifetime Member

Is there any chance we could start reading these controllers for you, my buddy next door has an 03 Impala with the 3.4...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

this would be so sweey because i just bought a 99 gtp for my dd and would love to be able to tweek the tune.

I have about 30 files from these V6's already, it's going to be a big job obviously to map these out because there is sooooo many different OS's on the V6's, the worst I've ever seen from GM. Plus, you guys want lots of tables that others are missing.
    Like I said, it will get done, but it might be 2 months, it might be 10 months, I don't know. We have to get the P12 guys sorted out first

I'll see if I can get Paul at some stage to get the software enabled to read the PCM's, the more files we see the better I guess.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I know the P12 guys love to hear you say that Ross!!

And, is the coding worse than that of the P10s, Ive heard many many times the code for them is completely backa$$wards. Or is it just there are so many different cars the use different cals its going to take a while.

Ohh, and just an FYI Im 100% sure the 08+ 4.2L I6 LL8s use the E67, so tuning support for them should (theoretically) easier to get than in previous years (am I right, or completely wrong??).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast