Thread: 7.5 LMM DPF delete and EFI V2

Default 7.5 LMM DPF delete and EFI V2

I have been trying, unsuccessfully for the last several months, to keep my truck from setting a check engine light "CEL".

I have a V2 and am running version 7.53 and the latest firmware. I have been working closely with an EFI vendor who has been trying his best to help me solve my problem. I am on my 7th tune revision an even one supposedly from Ross at EFI, still with the same result. Since I don't know who else to ask and seem to have run out of options to try, I thought it time to post here and see if there is anyone who can help or have any suggestions to try.

I guess I should begin by detailing the procedure I follow.

1. Start the EFILive V7.5 Tune Tool
    2.<Help><Register efilive> enter the provided numbers (only on the new version)
    3.<File><Open tune file> select the tune file that I received and put in the Bins folder.
    4.Plug in the scanner to the laptop
    5.Plug in the tool to the truck
    6.Turn the ignition to the run position
    7.Turn off my lights and heater fan
    8.Click the door latch to the closed position to stop the dinging
    9.Select program PCM with currently loaded program
    10. Click the check status button
    11. Select start and wait for the program to complete
    12. Turn off ignition, click ok and wait for the countdown to finish

A few things I have noticed about the behavior of my truck:

Seems to run great until the CEL comes on, after that it still runs fine but the truck exhaust note changes pitch up and down when it is idling a hiss to a drone to a hiss. It may be me but it also seems to run a bit more sluggishly, not really noticeable unless you really pay attention, very slight, could be my imagination.

[B]The scan tool will not clear the CEL. It will clear the codes, and when I tell it to upload the codes after I clear them, I only get the P0000 ones, but when I turn the truck on the CEL is still there and stays until I re-flash the ECM.

I have had it set 5-6 times so far usually after about 2 hours of operation coming home from across town (15.min drive). The truck has reached operating temperature and I am pulling the moderate hill to my home, although it has set it while idling. The truck has usually shifted into 4th or 5th and is cursing about 45-50mph at around 1400rpm, near the top of the hill "bing" the light comes on.

I have the sensors disconnected from the harness and a turbo back exhaust installed. Other than the different tune the truck is stock.

I would really appreciate any feedback or suggestions anyone might have. I can make a copy of the current tune I am using available if anyone would like to take a look.

Thanks in advance for you help,

Fred

send me a copy at SORRY HAD TO REMOVE IT FOR THE MOMENT

Jody
    Last edited by GMPX; January 24th, 2008 at 04:11 PM.

Fred,

I left a message for Rob today to send me some logs, but if you want I am more than happy to work with you directly with this?
    I'll send you a PM with my Email address.
    You better not post up a tune that Rob has given you without permission first, he has been passing them on to me in confidence they would only be used to assist with your problem. Unless the tune is your own work, I'd rather confirm with Rob first.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; January 24th, 2008 at 04:18 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Fred,

I left a message for Rob today to send me some logs, but if you want I am more than happy to work with you directly with this?
    I'll send you a PM with my Email address.
    You better not post up a tune that Rob has given you without permission first, he has been passing them on to me in confidence they would only be used to assist with your problem. Unless the tune is your own work, I'd rather confirm with Rob first.

Cheers,
    Ross
    no problem, not trying to steal a tune. I'm WAY past a mild dpf-delete tune...................... I just happen to have the identical truck and have no issues with dpf codes, so I know what needs to be changed. Then again, so do you. Thought I might just see something you guys missed.

Jody

I will keep the tune confidential then. Sorry for the faux-pas.

So what happened with this? I'm curious because I want to do the same thing but not if it's going to give me grief.

Quote Originally Posted by LMM.L
    So what happened with this? I'm curious because I want to do the same thing but not if it's going to give me grief.
    many people have Lmm's with the dpf removed and no check engine lights or other problems. It's much more rare to have an issue than to not.

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

I just got EFILive for my buddy from SoCal and he has a LMM with a MBRP turbo back no CEL's works great

Default LMM CEL status

It seems that my CEL issue has been resolved. At least I hope so. I have driven it past where it was setting off the light in the past and so far its clear. I still need to get a few more miles on before we declare victory. My vendor Rob, who has put a lot of time and effort in, and EFI have been working with me to get it fixed.

I just wanted to point out that the truck runs great. The tune that I have gives it a lot of extra punch. I'm sure the mileage will improve too, but since I have mostly driven in town and on winter fuel I can't make any comparisons yet. The only problem I was having was just the light.

From my understanding it was something fairly simple, but I'm not sure what exactly it was. Maybe someone in the know can elaborate.

What codes was it setting? happen to be p0106?