Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: check engine light after pcm swap ls1

Unhappy check engine light after pcm swap ls1

I keep getting a check engine light coming on after swapping from a 98 pcm to a 99 pcm, with the 2002 os in it. It is coming form the gas tank pressure sensor. Has anyone had this problem and is it a charactoristic from doing the swap or what.

Is this a F or Y body? Later Y bodies don't have the tank sensor.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

how do i know if it is a f or a y body. Its a 98 vette, i looked at the vin and it doesn't have any f's in it, but it does have a couple y's, so im assuming its a y body. and how do i know if it has a tank sensor or not and if it doesn't how do i keep the code from coming on cause i can't pass inspection with the light on. Thanks Adam

I expect you can set P0452 and P0453 to "not reported" in 'processing Enablers' and to "no MIL" in 'MIL Enablers' both under engine diagnostics..
    Doc is the Guru on these though.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

ok i have 3 of the 0452 codes and when i went into the dtc enablers they are already set to not reported. But i do have some other codes though that maybe are my problem, One is b2723 thats a trans one and then 4 heater switch ones, and a u1096, U1064, u1016 AND NEITHER OF THOSE I CAN EVEN FIND IN THE DTC ENABLES FOR THE TRANS OR THE ENGINE DTC'S, BUT WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS IF THE TANK SENSOR ONES ARE ALREADY SET TO NOT REPORTED THEN WHY ARE THEY SHOWING UP WHEN I CHECK THE CODES?

Post your tune so people can see what you're working with.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Lifetime Member

Did you enter your VIN into this new PCM. If not the "U" codes may be related. The PCM VIN has to match the VIN in the BCM-----If I'm not mistaken.
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Calley
    ok i have 3 of the 0452 codes and when i went into the dtc enablers they are already set to not reported. But i do have some other codes though that maybe are my problem, One is b2723 thats a trans one and then 4 heater switch ones, and a u1096, U1064, u1016 AND NEITHER OF THOSE I CAN EVEN FIND IN THE DTC ENABLES FOR THE TRANS OR THE ENGINE DTC'S, BUT WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS IF THE TANK SENSOR ONES ARE ALREADY SET TO NOT REPORTED THEN WHY ARE THEY SHOWING UP WHEN I CHECK THE CODES?
    I just did the same swap,P0449 & P0452 are X:NOT REPORTED. B2723 in the service manual is DTC B2723 PASS- Key Detection curcuit.The U codes should be history.Those come up on mine every time I flash the PCM.Change your VIN# in the scan tool under Bidirectional if you didn't do that already and let us know what you got.................Paul

ok i got the check engine light taken care of, i opened the wrong tune at first for another car and thats why they were already turned off in that tune. So i got the right one opened and got them turned off and now the light stays off. But i do thank you for the info on the vin swap cause i did forget to switch that over and i will tonight and maybe that will get rid of the seat heater switch codes. Im sure i don't have my tune all correct cause im new at efi live and all this tuning stuff. But how can i post my whole tune on here so you guys can look at it. I do have an idleing problem. It will idle at 1000 rpm's or so and when i come to a complete stop it will idle way down to like 400-500 rpm's and then after about 5 seconds or so i will come back up to 1000 agian. Any idea's of what to change.

Default paul

Paul i will do the vin change here in an hour or so and let you know, but did you do the vat relearn procedure after you did the swap?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast