Thread: CL to OL probs

Default CL to OL probs

Alright guys, hopefully some of you can get me pointed in the right direction to iron out some of the problems I am having.

I am new to tuning, and EFI Live so bear with me..... I've read pretty much all there is on ls1tech, as well as the accel dfi book and corvette fuel injection book so I have a basic understand of whats going on.....

Heres the problems I'm having. I'm trying to tune a 99 camaro, fm7 cam,5psi vortech non intercooled, longtubes, full exhaust.... The car had a stock tune on it, and obviously ran like a bag of crap.. I've followed the directions to force the car into SD mode and drove around a few times logging what I believe are the avg ltft's. I took some of the logged data and tried to incorperate it into my VE map but it hasn't helped much after about 6 times. My biggest problem with the car is 1) pig rich idle (I tried doing the 90-80-70 on the 400-1600 ve) and the car is bucking/surging when it switches from CL to OL during partial throttle conditions. The O-ring for the EGR tube into the intake isn't in, because when I had it in the car wouldn't even run, it'd pretty much foul the plugs right away. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start? I've been trying to use the VE to get it close but I must be doing something wrong. A lot of the info I found on ls1tech is for hpt and it could be getting me confused..... Any help is greatly appricated. I have .bin and log files if anyone would be kind enough to take a look at them. I'm def not looking for anyone to do tuning for me, just for some guidance, as maybe its something stupid that is confusing me. Thanks for the help guys

Jim

With that combo, I wouldn't even mess with the LTRIMS. Get a wideband so you know exactly what is going on. Also, if you haven't let the car learn, then you won't see much of a difference.

Does anyone have a good bin or log file they'd be willing to share just so I can compare right from wrong? I know no two cars are the same but I just want to see if the changes I make are in the right direction. Right now I think I'm going the opposite way with the VE map. At this point I can't do a wideband, so I'm going to have to leave it to the junk narrow bands to try to get the car close enough to live with. I've let the car learn, and it does clean up some after driving. But when the car switches to OL at a lower rpm its got a brutal buck to it..... Is VE what I should be using when it goes to OL to fix the problem? Thanks