Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engines reduced power?

Default Engines reduced power?

I put a very mild tow tune in a friends LMM. He was coming back from a rodeo pulling a 30' goosneck full of horses when the " Clean exhaust filter" light came on. He continued to drive it home when the 'Engine reduced power" flashed and the truck would only run 30mph. He had to drive another 50miles to get home. I loaded the stock file back in, and cannot get the truck to regen, or even not throw the reduced power code. It goes right into limp mode when started. What can i do to get this to regen? I was thinking of raising the DPF Pressures? This sucks..

It should clear the limp mode when you reflash the stock tune, but the "clean exhaust filter" message will remain. Head out to the freeway or somewhere you can maintain 40 mph or better for 15-20 minutes. It should start regen at that point, but you won't know as the message will remain until it completes the regen. Then it goes off and all is well.

Jody

It won't clear the Limp..I've reflashed stock several times. As soon as you start the truck within a minute it will say engine power reduced. Not sure what to do besides have him take it to the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by lb7diesel
    It won't clear the Limp..I've reflashed stock several times. As soon as you start the truck within a minute it will say engine power reduced. Not sure what to do besides have him take it to the dealer.

I've had it go to limp, but not that fast. Fortunately on mine I can hit a 40+ mph road less than 30 seconds from my driveway, so it has always regenned.

He'll likely have to go to the dealer and do a forced regen in his case if you can't get up to speed before it goes reduced power.

Jody

That's what i'm thinking also..I'll have to break the bad news to him..

Default limp mode

hi , i was under the assumpition that efi was capable to command regeneration of the dpf ?

Quote Originally Posted by cook
    hi , i was under the assumpition that efi was capable to command regeneration of the dpf ?
    not yet.

Jody

how about using the scan tool and clearing the dtc ,maybe a couple of times, it has worked for me. LOREN

Quote Originally Posted by cook
    how about using the scan tool and clearing the dtc ,maybe a couple of times, it has worked for me. LOREN

5 Times with ST. + the 3 times i loaded the stock file back in, I believe it clears all dtc's after flashing. No lucky..

Until we can command regen, It's not a good idea to add any fuel when stock dpf is activated..I believe once it get so clogged the DPF pressure sensors instantly send it into limp..And you can't regen in limp mode...So off to the dealer it goes.

hi ,if you know someone with a bully dog powerpup downloader for the lmm it has a command regeneration option Loren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast