Thread: Where is all my fuel going?

Default Where is all my fuel going?

I cant seem to figure this out. Setting up both my MAIN VE table and my BOOST VE table and the values that are being logged are off quite a bit from values entered in the tables. For example:

{B0101} MAIN VE
    In the attached log, frame 1361 shows my BEN factor @ 1.037. This is at 1506 RMPs x 50kPa. When you refer to the MAIN VE table, this area shows that my Grams/Cyl should be about 0.4387, however the log at frame 1361 shows my Grams/Cyl at 0.4077.

{A0009} BOOST VE
    In the attached log, frame 977 shows my BEN factor @ 1.061. This is at 4616 RMPs x 135kPa. When you refer to the BOOST VE table, this area shows that my Grams/Cyl should be about 1.7645, however the log at frame 977 shows my Grams/Cyl at 1.6931.

So for whatever reason, something is pulling fuel and I cant find it. Its not my IAT multiplier because my IATs are 80*. Its not ECTs, they are where they need to be. So i was hoping someone could sift through this tune-n- log when they get some time and post up some possibilities if they could please. I know I am running out of injector too, and i dont know if the new exhaust could have anything to do with that or if its because i pulley'd down one size.

Here is my tune and a log of that tune...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

Lifetime Member

Hey Jimmie,

You really can't look at your VE tables in g/cyl and expect them to match your scan tool all the time. G/cyl requires you to define the charge temperature in the scan tool. If your actual charge temp is different, then it's not going to match.

What you could do would be to create a PID to normalize your dyncylair from the scan tool to whatever your tune tool's charge temp is. You'd need to log the charge temp dma PID though.

Justin

okay, i just wanted to be sure there wasnt some mystery table sucking up fuel. I will contunie adjusting.

Thanks Justin.
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison