Thread: please help me play!!!!!

Default please help me play!!!!!

i know im asking alot but could someone explane how to change ve tables by looking at o2 readings.i have had efi live for a year now and am learning slowly (sloooowly) did i mention very slowly.i have a 1999 ss camaro where my son and i put our first cam in. i bought efi live from wait4me because it came with a starter tune. i had no idea there was so much to learn!!!!just recently i took it to a speed shop in town where they did a wot tune and i had no idea you could gain that much seat of the paints (15hp) feel.which in turn sparked my intrest to try harder in this quest to learn how to tune.this is the first weekend my son will be with his mother in 6 weeks and while he is gone im hopeing to put all my time into loging, learing ,and hopefully tuning for the first time.any info on what to log and how to turn that into more seat of the paints action would be so highly apreciated.

What you are asking is the AutoVe function.

Have a look thru some o the many threads that cover doig the auto VE process.

Good luck and there is plenty to learn.
    HX Ute.

Ssmike, welcome to the forum...

You will need a wideband O2 sensor and the AutoVE tutorial:
    http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads7

The idea is that if you can precisely control the actual (wideband measured) AFR, you can then dial in the commanded AFR to produce the best torque/power;

a side effect is that part throttle responsiveness also improves.

Default help

thanks alot but i guess what i need to know is what to log or to look at as far as o2s and what map do i change. can you look at which cell you were in while your feul trims were positive and change the ve table a little at a time till you see thm droping? or am i toataly on the wrong thought path.

You can still follow the AutoVE tutorial, but with closed loop and trims still enabled (and MAF disabled), and use the average of the LTFT's for the BEN iterator (the BEN is the ratio of commanded AFR to measured AFR)... you can then use this to modify the VE table B0101... but beware that this method is not as good as doing it with a wideband.

Using the BEN map from the AutoVE tutorial gives you the cell locations in the VE table.

You have already been tuned at WOT, so you would look at part throttle LTFT's and modify either of the VE table and/or the MAF table to zero the trims (I'm inclined to leave the MAF table alone).

Default thanks so much for your response

the only thing i dont understand how do i see my feul trims when on the auto ve map. i know i must sound like an idiot,thanks for your time.

Default thanks a million

i think it all sunk in thanks a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmike300
    the only thing i dont understand how do i see my feul trims when on the auto ve map. i know i must sound like an idiot,thanks for your time.
    You create a new map with LTFT1 or LTFT2 as the data.

No worries mate, we've all been there.