Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What parameters can a RR tune?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by N0DIH
    So if I understand it correct, say if I want to adjust timing in one cell that I see an issue with, I have to multiply the value in there to get the new value?

Example: 28 degrees I would need to multiply by 1.035ish to get to 29 degress? I can't just enter in 29?
    No, you can enter 29. Mr.Prick is just talking about ways to have the RR update automatically (RTACS). When in emulator mode, you can adjust any parameter in the PCM in real time.

How does the RTACS mode work? What does it do for me over emulator mode?

Default Hummm

I try to avoid the HPT RTT software questions, but yes, I am very curious how well they do in comparisson.

Any chance anyone knows how TunerCat RTOBD2 does?

The software activates the realtime changes of all available parameters in the tuning tool. There is no RTACS available in this software. There is no means to trace data back to a cell in a map, yet, as the software needs to further advance.

The Scan tool software was lacking in this department. PcmScan now excepts the Tunercat interface, via Westers Garage.

Mick
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

I mainly use the RTACS for my VE table. I go into the commanded a/f table and tell it i want to run 15.5 a/f while crusing on the interstate....14.7 everywhere else and then of course a little richer until i get to boost where i have it rich. You just drive around and let it do its magic. The rest of the time i just change stuff while driving down the road. Ill tell my wife to add a few degrees of timing in the cell area I am in while driving down the road.....change shift points or stuff like that. My roadrunner pcm stays in the car all the time because I am ADDICTED to doing everything in realtime. TACS is not a necessity but a GREAT luxury like HDTV

Lifetime Member

Stop making me jealous man! No RR for a P10/P12
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

So if I get a RR, I just need the EFILive RR license and go to town right?

Quote Originally Posted by MICK
    The software activates the realtime changes of all available parameters in the tuning tool. There is no RTACS available in this software. There is no means to trace data back to a cell in a map, yet, as the software needs to further advance.

The Scan tool software was lacking in this department. PcmScan now excepts the Tunercat interface, via Westers Garage.

Mick

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

So if I get a RR, I just need the EFILive RR license and go to town right?
    Yes you will be able to reprogram your RR PCM with just an RR and an EFILive RR license.

However you need at least the EFILive Scan Tool (i.e. FlashScan V1 or V2 - Scan Only) in order to use the real-time logging/feedback of the RR.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Well, RR comes in the mail tomorrow! (bummer, don't have a car/truck to plug it into yet...) But got RT TC finally! EFIL to follow very soon....
    Last edited by N0DIH; March 6th, 2008 at 06:54 PM.

Tom, congrats... ...you won't be disappointed, that's money spent well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12