Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive wish list for the future

Default EFILive wish list for the future

Any chance some day of Flashscan being able to cycle the ABS systems? Currently the only way to do this with C5 Corvettes is with a Tech 2 (about $3000). It's the only function that is left which requires a visit to the dealership.

I think you may find the BCM handles the ABS, they are a different kettle of fish to the ECM and TCM and are very application specific.
    Im sure Ross can give more info.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

You're right. Too bad, though. $3000 just to bleed the ABS is absurd. But it's either that or a trip to the evil dealership. My car shudders just thinking about it. It's never seen a dealership since delivery!

If EFILive can't do it, possibly look into the OBD2 software at www.obd2.com. I'm not 100% sure if it can do what you want, but it has some bi-directional stuff and is supposed to be able to communicate with all the modules.

Quote Originally Posted by mnotx
    Any chance some day of Flashscan being able to cycle the ABS systems? Currently the only way to do this with C5 Corvettes is with a Tech 2 (about $3000). It's the only function that is left which requires a visit to the dealership.
    Are you sure that's the case? I know that there are a number of vehicles with the Delco systems that do normally require a TEC-II, but even then there is a procedure to bleed them w/o one. Usually there are bleeder screws on the modulator and a procedure to trick the ABS module into releasing.

Open the front bleeder screw, bleed the modulator, then bleed the front brakes. Drive the car over 5 mph and it resets the ABS to the home position.
    Then you can bleed the rear brakes.

But the Corvette uses a Bosch system and as I understand it the brakes can be bled normally w/o impacting the ABS. The only time you need a TEC-II is if you have air trapped in the module in which case it would need to be used to actuate the valves.

Having bled the brakes on a lot of S-sereis Saturn's including replacing all the fluid on just about every one I have owned this has me perplexed. ..
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    2007 Saturn SKY 2.4L Automatic - E67
    EFILive Tuned

Yeah, you don't need it for everyday bleeding, just when you replace the master and end up with air in the ABS lines. If there is another way to activate them, I am sure interested. I can't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't allow that particular command be implemented somewhere from the vehicle.......except to force you to go to a dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    If EFILive can't do it, possibly look into the OBD2 software at www.obd2.com. I'm not 100% sure if it can do what you want, but it has some bi-directional stuff and is supposed to be able to communicate with all the modules.
    I sent them an e-mail. Thanks, Cougar!

Question

Yea I was curious as to the EVAP cycling a few years ago. Paul/Ross - what is the status on "legacy" BCM research? Dead, waiting for market, or still digging?
    Early EFILive V5 user - Upgraded from AutoTap for DOS!
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, A4 - For occasional day trips...
    1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - For the family...
    1989 Honda VTR250 - For me and me only...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emarkay View Post
    Yea I was curious as to the EVAP cycling a few years ago. Paul/Ross - what is the status on "legacy" BCM research? Dead, waiting for market, or still digging?
    We have put a lot of time/effort into bidi controls recently. We now have a system that can communicate with multiple modules - not just ECM/TCM. If we can capture the commands to the ABS or BCM or other modules, then we now have the ability to add them into the software.

So it is possible, just we haven't researched it yet.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Well when I get the Camaro back, tell me what to do to assist in getting this. Imagine, every GM motorhead's dream; full TechII emulation!
    Early EFILive V5 user - Upgraded from AutoTap for DOS!
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, A4 - For occasional day trips...
    1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - For the family...
    1989 Honda VTR250 - For me and me only...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast