Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive wish list for the future

MRK,

I can already do the EVAP testing using the current EFILive bidi controls... is this what your talking about...?

I'd like to see CASE relearn for the E67 and eventually individual gear selection for dyno tuning of my 5L40 (M82) transmission. I know the last one is a long shot, but hopefully the BIDI commands turn out to be the same as another transmission.
    As it stands now I finally have transmission PIDs in the latest black box beta using the default E67 automatic selection.

I just purchased another CAN bus reader CANUSB where do I sign up to start pumping messages to my 5L40 until I get something to work?
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    2007 Saturn SKY 2.4L Automatic - E67
    EFILive Tuned

When dumping DTCs to flash, it would be nice if they could be read in by EFILive to get the details in a more readable form than:

[DTCS]
    P0300=PCM,-F--X-CS

[Freeze Frame PCM 0]
    ; Freeze Frame Empty.

[Freeze Frame PCM 1]
    $0002=$0300
    FUELSYS1=OL
    FUELSYS2=OL
    LOAD_PCT=3.1%
    ECT=36°C

a.s.o. ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

In the meantime, see post #38: showthread.php?t=7978&page=4

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    When dumping DTCs to flash, it would be nice if they could be read in by EFILive to get the details in a more readable form than:
    Absolutely, that is what the V8 software is designed to do. All data "captured" by FlashScan (with V2.05.xx firmware) is set up to be easily readable by computer applications i.e. in the ubiquitous *.ini file format.

When EFILive V8 is released, it will automatically send the command to FlashScan V2 to capture all that data, then it will automatically pull that data back to the PC via USB. Then it will format and display all the data with extra descriptions in easy to navigate tables.

I.e. you click one button on the PC/laptop and get all that data presented in the EFILive software.

Right now, what you're seeing is the bare-bones "under the hood" stuff.

You won't even need EFILive_Explorere.exe when the version 8 software comes out. EFILive_Explorer.exe is really just a diagnostic tool for "poking around" inside FlashScan. It has only been made available so that beta testers can actually copy data to/from FlashScan until V8 is ready.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Default Commanded Variables Calculator

I'm not sure how hard this would be, or if any one else would think that it's a good idea or not, but I'd like to see a "commanded fuel" and commanded spark" calculator included in the TuneTool. My thought was to have a couple of dialog boxes up the top of the screen that gave an indication of the final commanded fuel and spark depending on all the variables involved. I know that this is not simply running a few formulae, as there are a few different engine conditions involved in the final figures. However I was thinking that when the TuneTool is linked to a log file in ScanTool and the required PIDs had been logged, you could use this to make adjustments and instantly see the final commanded fuel or spark.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    I'm not sure how hard this would be, or if any one else would think that it's a good idea or not, but I'd like to see a "commanded fuel" and commanded spark" calculator included in the TuneTool. My thought was to have a couple of dialog boxes up the top of the screen that gave an indication of the final commanded fuel and spark depending on all the variables involved. I know that this is not simply running a few formulae, as there are a few different engine conditions involved in the final figures. However I was thinking that when the TuneTool is linked to a log file in ScanTool and the required PIDs had been logged, you could use this to make adjustments and instantly see the final commanded fuel or spark.

Simon
    We've kicked this idea around a few times and it is difficult because the final spark and fuel are made up of many lookup tables. Each table is dependent on various inputs such as MAP, MAF, RPM, IAT, ECT and AFR. Not to mention all the adjustments due to learned airflows and learned fuel trims.

It would be a very big task to do and would almost require that we develop a virtual engine simulator to get it accurate. But it would be a fantastic tuning aid if it could be done.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

The ability to log ECM and TCM PIDS at the same time in the Scan tool would be nice, maybe have a E38/LS1/etc "Auto" selection for scanning like in the V2.

Lifetime Member

I would like a function that adds spark until I get knock retard or a specified spark valued is reached. I would also like to specify the
    the coordinates in the high/low octane spark table to effectively do this. Similar function for WOT PE multiplier at a given rpm range.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS View Post
    The ability to log ECM and TCM PIDS at the same time in the Scan tool would be nice, maybe have a E38/LS1/etc "Auto" selection for scanning like in the V2.
    You can do that now with the Black Box Logging beta software. Then open the log file in the existing V7 software.

The ability to scan two controllers at once will be fully supported in the EFILive V8 software.

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast