Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive wish list for the future

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TFZ_Z06 View Post
    I would like a function that adds spark until I get knock retard or a specified spark valued is reached. I would also like to specify the
    the coordinates in the high/low octane spark table to effectively do this. Similar function for WOT PE multiplier at a given rpm range.
    The bidirectional controls (DVT controls) will allo wyou to manually add spark and/or fuel. We've added extensive updates to the DVT controls in the latest beta software.

Adding spark/fuel per cell is not supported yet. We had it in version 5 of the software but it was replaced with functionality in the RoadRunner device. We may re-implement it in version 8.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    We've kicked this idea around a few times and it is difficult because the final spark and fuel are made up of many lookup tables. Each table is dependent on various inputs such as MAP, MAF, RPM, IAT, ECT and AFR. Not to mention all the adjustments due to learned airflows and learned fuel trims.

It would be a very big task to do and would almost require that we develop a virtual engine simulator to get it accurate. But it would be a fantastic tuning aid if it could be done.

Regards
    Paul
    Yes, I see your point. When I first thought about it I was thinking it would be easy, then when I considered the number of parameters needed I realised it would be much harder. that's when I thought about linking it to the ScanTool. If you logged the required PID's, then you could move the "chart inspector" to specific points to see what the commanded fuel "should be". then you could make changes to the tables in the TuneTool and as it's still linked to the ScanTool, it would be able to pick up the required map and table points.

The only other way I could think of was to have a table that had inputs for all the required parameters that you manually filled out. It would then check the tune file to see what the final commanded fuel / spark / air should be.

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Yes, I see your point. When I first thought about it I was thinking it would be easy, then when I considered the number of parameters needed I realised it would be much harder. that's when I thought about linking it to the ScanTool. If you logged the required PID's, then you could move the "chart inspector" to specific points to see what the commanded fuel "should be". then you could make changes to the tables in the TuneTool and as it's still linked to the ScanTool, it would be able to pick up the required map and table points.

The only other way I could think of was to have a table that had inputs for all the required parameters that you manually filled out. It would then check the tune file to see what the final commanded fuel / spark / air should be.

Simon.
    You've just described EFILive's RTACS: Real Time Auto Calibration System. It is available with RoadRunner

It is not available for controllers without RoadRunner support.

Regards
    Paul

You've just described EFILive's RTACS: Real Time Auto Calibration System. It is available with RoadRunner

It is not available for controllers without RoadRunner support.

Regards
    Paul
    Yes..... RR..... What I'd do to be able to try one on my E38. Trying to work out fueling for OL is doing my head in! Surely you have an alpha copy of "Virtual RoadRunner TM" for the E38 given it's more powerful CPU......

Lifetime Member

I've got a RoadRunner, but have not installed. Do I need a software upgrade if I use it?

If I install the RR and install my current tune, should I expect the car to run and operate exactly as it did before installation?

I have held back on installation because I haven't investigated possible problems with it yet. Words of advice about install welcome...

BTW writing on it, J1BLUE M1190 CYDU This look correct for my car?
    Last edited by TFZ_Z06; May 12th, 2008 at 05:50 PM.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Yes..... RR..... What I'd do to be able to try one on my E38. Trying to work out fueling for OL is doing my head in! Surely you have an alpha copy of "Virtual RoadRunner TM" for the E38 given it's more powerful CPU......
    Given that CAN scanning can be done at a much higher rate than the old VPW used by the LS1's, it might be worth re-visiting the whole scan tool based spark and fuel control.
    I'll keep it on the "to do list".

Regards
    Paul

I've got a RoadRunner, but have not installed. Do I need a software upgrade if I use it?
    I recommend running at least EFILive version V7.5.3

If I install the RR and install my current tune, should I expect the car to run and operate exactly as it did before installation?
    Yes, 100% exactly the same. Except for the relearning (fuel and idle airflow) that will be needed the same as it would after a normal reflash.

I have held back on installation because I haven't investigated possible problems with it yet. Words of advice about install welcome...
    You should be able to hook it up to your PC via the USB and full-reflash it via the RoadRunner control panel with your current PCM's tune. Then just swap it out with your existing PCM and you're good to go.

Keep your existing PCM in the car with a wrench so that you can swap it back in in case there is a problem with the RR. There shouldn't be any problems, I drove around for 6 months with the RR PCM in my car. But better to be safe than sorry.

BTW writing on it, J1BLUE M1190 CYDU This look correct for my car?
    Not sure, but if you can program your *.tun file into it then it is correct.

Regards
    Paul

any idea when the tune side of things will be available from the V2 unit in BBL mode, not overly fussed about being able to write tunes from the V2 but would be nice if we could read them.

Is this something your working on at the moment or something that is planned for the future.
    2016 RG Colorado 2.8TD

Lifetime Member

see sig for versions.

You should be able to hook it up to your PC via the USB and full-reflash it via the RoadRunner control panel with your current PCM's tune. Then just swap it out with your existing PCM and you're good to go.
    "No RoadRunner USB Device can be found" When I plug it in to the USB, it creates a com port.
    getting closer, got it to communicate w/rr. When I try and program the device it says its not licensed, yet I have entered the serial #. ????????????
    Last edited by TFZ_Z06; May 12th, 2008 at 07:16 PM.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

"No RoadRunner USB Device can be found" When I plug it in to the USB, it creates a com port.
    getting closer, got it to communicate w/rr. When I try and program the device it says its not licensed, yet I have entered the serial #. ????????????
    Does it say
    1. RR is not licensed
    or does it say
    2. PCM is not licensed?

If 1, then you need an RR license. Let me know.

If 2, then you should not be using the normal reflash toolbar icon. Instead use the reflash toolbar icon in the RR control panel in EFILive.

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.png 
Views:	207 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	3280  

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast