Thread: 2007 M6 commodore

Default 2007 M6 commodore

Hello Guys
    I have a problem with 2007 commodore manual transmission , also my friend has the same problem.
    when I drive the car on 1st gear I dont have any problem but on 2nd gear at 5000 rpm on WOT the transmission goes nutral and hit rpm cut off,but the stick still in 2nd position. when I shift to 3rd it grips normaly but the same problem comes again at 5000 rpm.
    some guys told me its a tunning problem please help me guys.
    thank you all

You are talking about a manual gearbox yes. If so its impossible for the tune to place the gearbox into neutral. Its a mechanical link after all. A6, yeah maybe but its a weird one.

Hi ALRAJH,

From what you said, the T56 is not jumping out of gear (gear lever stays put) but you get freewheeling when you hit 5000 rpm...

As Macca said, I don't see how this can be a tuning problem since the PCM does not control the manual transmission (other than skip shift and reverse lockout, which are not really controlling the trans)...

Either the 2nd and 3rd gear synchros are munged (won't stay in gear) or the clutch is slipping (most likely; weakened pressure plate spring).

As the previous posts have said, it's not going to be the tune if it's a manual. More likely it's the std. clutch letting go under high RPM loads. there is a know problem with the VE clutch failing to grab on fast and hard changes.
    From reading your post, it seems that the clutch grabs and holds until you hit 5000 RPM, then it lets go. This may be a failing pressure plate and can be tested by driving at 80 KMH in 4th on a safe section of road, punch the clutch in and floor it while releasing the clutch. It should grab straight away, any slippage will indicate clutch problems.

Be assured though, there is no way for the tune to disengage the clutch or shift a manual box into neutral

Simon.