Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No PE with 2006 Vortec...Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    In these cases it might be best to setup B3605 CFOL to give the suitable enrichment in the last 3 or 4 columns (i.e. as MAP ramps to it's WOT value).
    Commanded Fuel Open Loop would be nice if it was switching to Open Loop.

Quote Originally Posted by KAZ MotorSports
    Commanded Fuel Open Loop would be nice if it was switching to Open Loop.
    Oh, it's not going OL also... hmmm... that's bad.

I'm wondering if a different OS should be used...

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    I'm wondering if a different OS should be used...
    Not that either. Same OS in a different but equal truck works just fine.

First thing I did was clean the MAF out. The customer had an AFE oiled filter on the truck so I figured it would be a good place to start although the airflow was not twitchy in the datalog.

Ok...I have a few minutes to share what I did and something along the way allowed OL and a perfect 13.5:1 AFR. When switched back with the stock tune or reloading the SuperChips calibration it would hold Closed Loop and 14.7 AFR on the wideband all the way through the load and RPM sweep.

Normal PE Mode Enable {B3616} = My value - 70% (higher value would not change AFR although TPS showed the proper %) Factory was 90%
    Delay before Entering PE Mode {B3608} = My value - 0 (zero) Factory was set to 60 Seconds
    PE Delay RPM Bypass {B3610} My value - 1200 RPM...I should have set this back to verify, but forgot.

In {B3634 to B3638} Lean Cruise Parameters, I did see that Lean Cruise Enable was set to 256 MPH? Does this PCM have a funky Lean Cruise denotion? I also saw that Lean Out Rate (EQ Ratio) is flatlined at 0.0000. Seems to me if this is the same calibration as the LS1 control we should easily see a much greater highway mileage in the end.

Anyway take this for what it's worth.

-Kenny

Well, I looked at some 6L files I have here but I can't find one for that OS, the H2 file I looked at didn't have the delays you talk about.
    A 2005 File I have does have the 60 second delay in {B3608}!, yikes!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Looking at the LQ9 of the same OS it shows {B3608} at 0 (zero).

I will have the same truck back down here in another week or two to do some more testing on.

By the way this truck belongs to Jardine Engineering. You aussies may not know who that is...but some of the old timers here in the US will know who that is.

We designed a set of Long Tube Tri-Y headers for the 6.0L 4X4 trucks. We gained 75 HP up top along with 105 ft/lbs of torque between 3000 and 3800 RPM with the headers on her.

So does anyone know what GM 4x4's use the same head (flange) design, frame locations, and front diff? I need to test these headers on some smaller and larger displacement if it is possible.

Lifetime Member

A set of headers gained 105ft.lbs.

I don't know about what sizes and stuff for the 4x4 trucks but I know I got a set of headers that fit on my 2wd 5.3 that won't fit on a 4wd without banging in one of the primaries.

That is why we are designing these headers. These will be the ONLY long tube Tri-Y (torque monsters) headers on the market for the 4x4 Trucks. I have only seen shorties so far for the 4x4.

The 105 is tune and headers on 85 Octane on an LQ4.

I would definitely be interested in these headers, I've been looking for longtubes for my truck for a while now. I have got 01' chevy k1500 w/ 5.3L and 4l60. From what i have seen for fitment of exhaust on the trucks and suv's is "if its half-ton 4x4 it will fit" whether it be p/u or suv, I think they are all pretty much the same. Hope this helps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast