Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No PE with 2006 Vortec...Please Help

Designing any to fit a RHD 5.7L 98 K1500?
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Lifetime Member

If you got 460+ft.lbs of torque from tuning and headers, ill take the LTs on my truck off right now and get some of thoes.

What is the diffrence in a tri-y header and a regular header?

Right Hand Drive? What is that? Maybe if we got some measurements we could see if it was worth your while to try them on for size. Is the Diff housing on the left (your passengers) side of the truck like ours?

For the 1500 we are going to fit test them and as long as the frame rail and diff location is the same they should fit fine. But I am not making any promises until we fit test them. We are also going to fit test on a few SUVs as well. We also made these with a longer secondary on the drivers side (US version) to accommodate lifted 4x4's. I had a customers truck in here with a 3" body and 6" suspension...the front diff is obviously lower with certain suspension packages.

A Tri-Y is designed for torque production and a long tube Tri-Y is designed to gain bottom to mid torque and still allow a horsepower increase up top. I wish I knew the scientific ideas behind it...but all of this is in Jerry Jardine's head. I am the tuner and wrench in this project.

Here is the graph showing the factory manifolds, headers with factory tune, and then the tune and headers. Look at the bottom end torque increase just putting the headers on.

To help you decifer this graph. The bottom three lines (solid) are HP and the top three lines (dotted) are torque. This is to the wheel on a Dyno Dynamics with correction added (28.4%). All that correction means is that going from my elevation (air density) to a Dyno Dynamics at sea-level density they will match up. I am at 6009' above sea-level. This does not include loss for drivetrain which would be another 15-20% to get crankshaft power numbers. So yes you should see 460-ish ft/lbs to the crank at sea-level density on an LQ4. We will be testing on an LQ9 in 2 weeks.

Lifetime Member

So who makes these headers? When will they be avalible?

If you don't mind me asking what did you do to the stock tune to bump up the torque? (PE delay mode gone I bet)

The LT headers I just put on my truck I can't tell a diffrence at all. There 1/3/4 primaries and I think 2.5 collectors.

Do you know how the tri-y works?

The headers will be in full production (Made in the USA!) by the end of this month if everything falls in place the way we expect. I will post pictures of the production stainless headers as soon as they are ready. I do not want to post pictures of the prototypes until the finals are made. I am sure you understand why.

The headers are designed and built by Jerry Jardine. He is very well known for his expertise in headers design since the mid 1950's. He has decided, after years of seeing less than adequate designs being sold to the public, to get back in the gasser world. He and his sons have been in the diesel world for years. We will also be testing Tri-Y's for the F-body and C5/C6 corvette world in a few weeks. 105ft/lbs increase on an LQ4...imagine an LS7!

Right Hand Drive? What is that? Maybe if we got some measurements we could see if it was worth your while to try them on for size. Is the Diff housing on the left (your passengers) side of the truck like ours?
    Yeah...diff is on the same side. I just installed a 4L80E trans (only one in the world I believe).
    Mine's a 98 5.7L 4x4 Suburban with the Marine manifold and a Whipple SC.
    I'm looking for a new exhaust setup but nothing is available here....considering making my own.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Just tuned a 2006 truck today with the new V2 -version 7.53 and for the 1st time when I logged the 02 voltages , LTFT's,Commanded AFR --It showed that it went into OPEN LOOP at PE ---Recorded the 02 voltages correctly !!!
    I have never been able to read that kind of data on any '06 before til now---
    Hopefully it was a glitch in their software that was corrected--

Post some logs if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92
    HI---I still haven't set up the photo bucket thing so I can't load the log file on the 2006 Avalanche--BUT here it is---If you could can you post it for me?? If not that's OK--This is the 1st log before any adjustments were made after my tune--Seems to be close --rather lean though at WOT but I got the 02 voltages up to around .910 when i finished and no spark retard--------------thks Tom
    Tom, Here is the log you emailed me. Cheers, Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yep, it shows it going OL and PE kicking in... this is what PE kicking should look like. (the HO2Sx1 voltages indicate you may be a bit lean at WOT... that may explain the knock.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Log_0004_A.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	2800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Log_0004_B.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	2801  
    Last edited by joecar; March 7th, 2008 at 05:18 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123