Thread: Displacement on Demand

Default Displacement on Demand

Can anyone tell me exactly what hardware is required to be able to enable DoD in the E40 ECM? Also, I've noticed in the E38 that there's an "Active Fuel Management" instead of "Displacement on Demand". I assume they are the same thing, just named differently?

Does anyone know if DoD hardware from a 5.3L will work on a 6.0L? Which ECM would be best to use with 6.0L and T42TCM? The E40 or E38?

Thanks

There is a lot of underlying calibrations in the DOD / AFM area that we don't show (or understand what they do). 99% of the requests for DOD / AFM parameters are 'to turn it off' !
    Why the name change?, not sure, just GM media working hard I guess.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Why would one WANT to turn it off? I'd like to drop a Flexfuel and DoD enabled 6.0L (or 6.2; not sure yet) into an F-Body to get 400+ ponies available, along with excelent fuel economy (I'd think).

The L76 is a 6.0L with DoD hardware and is rated at 348HP. how much of that is in the tune vs hardware (versus the 400HP 6.0)?

Lifetime Member

Turn it off because when you bolt up an aftermarket exhaust it sounds like crap and drones when it goes to 4cyl mode. Also, most people think the 6-8% better mileage isnt worth the hassle plus it makes tuning a little more challenging (speaking about the 5.3L that comes in the TrailBlazers and mail order tunes).

The 6L engines are different at a hardware level, the LS2 is an AL block vs iron block, internals are different (so Ive been told).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.