Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linear-fill

Default Linear-fill

Found the linear-fill . it seems if you move the left hand side repository tree it causes the linear-fill to be hidden when window is not fully opened .

Just noticed when I saved the Original tune that was read form the PCM , before flashing with Custom OS , to another name it changed the VIN number .
    Checked a old .tun and saw it as well has a different VIN number ?
    Also when I did the read of the Custom OS back off the PCM data was still present from another session of Custom OS .
    Why is old Custom OS data still in PCM after full re-flash ?
    Last edited by Chevy366; February 10th, 2008 at 02:18 PM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    Found the linear-fill . it seems if you move the left hand side repository tree it causes the linear-fill to be hidden when window is not fully opened .
    Its the way the toolbars have been setup. At the time it was the best compromise between usability and functionality.

Just noticed when I saved the Original tune that was read form the PCM , before flashing with Custom OS , to another name it changed the VIN number .
    Checked a old .tun and saw it as well has a different VIN number ?
    The VIN displayed in the tuning tool software is the VIN contained in the *.tun file (not necessarily the VIN in the attached PCM). When you full-flash a PCM, EFILive first saves the VIN, BCC etc from the PCM, then reprograms the PCM from the *.tun file, then overwrites the VIN, BCC etc with the original VIN, BCC etc in the PCM *before* the full-flash was started. You can always manually change the VIN using the Scan Tool (or the Tuning Tool's VIN change option in the PCM Locking window).

Also when I did the read of the Custom OS back off the PCM data was still present from another session of Custom OS .
    Why is old Custom OS data still in PCM after full re-flash ?
    I don't know why (or how) custom data can be left in the PCM. The PCM is totally erased during a full flash. So the only way for custom data to remain would be if EFILive explicitly copied it back into the PCM after erasing it.
    I'll have to get Ross to answer that. Just for our reference, what data was left in the PCM? If you just mean VIN, BCC etc (i.e. not table/calibration data) then that is explained by the response above.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I don't know why (or how) custom data can be left in the PCM. The PCM is totally erased during a full flash. So the only way for custom data to remain would be if EFILive explicitly copied it back into the PCM after erasing it.
    I'll have to get Ross to answer that. Just for our reference, what data was left in the PCM? If you just mean VIN, BCC etc (i.e. not table/calibration data) then that is explained by the response above.
    Thank you for the response .
    No it was the upper segment of the Custom OS , EFILive Custom Calibrations , Parameters , Boost VE Table , IAT VE Table .....etc , all with values intact .
    Last edited by Chevy366; February 11th, 2008 at 04:38 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Just so I did not drive myself crazier , I re-flashed a stock OS and did the process again , still get values in the Custom EFILive tables , is there default values placed there now ?

Thanks
    Gil
    2006 Trailblazer

Process I did :
    Full Re-Flash Stock OS > Full Re-Flash with Custom OS form folder in Tune Tool , correct COS3 > Calibration only flash to COS3 with stock .tun file > read PCM > values present in EFILive Custom Calibrations , Boost VE fully mapped , A0014 has curve present in value field , A0008 same has curve in value field , curve meaning values as entered formed a curve in the graph , these values should not be present the Boost VE should be 0 (zeroed) and A0014 should have all 1's or 0's and A0008 all 1's or 0's not any previous values .
    What is strange the values are not consistent with any I have ever used in those fields , Boost VE , A0014 or A0008 .
    2006 Trailblazer

Can you send the two *.tun files that you are flashing to me (paul@efilive.com). I can check what is in each of them and where the "data" is coming from (and hopefully why).

Regards
    Paul

Yeah, I'm with Paul, need to see the 'stock' tune and the others you are flashing in. It sure doesn't make much sense.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Sent to you both .
    2006 Trailblazer

Just checking to make sure you both received the e-mails .
    2006 Trailblazer

I don't think I've seen the email.
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast