Thread: B1901

Default B1901 ? What Is The Real Use Of This Table ??

Table B1901 --- Does the value in this table only limit torque when the traction control system is activated ( button turned on)
    OR is this value used ALL the time regaudless if the TC button is on or off ??

Some people adjust this valve to the max setting so as to NOT limit engine torque ALL the time---But I thought it only limits torque while the TC system is being activated---I see many interpretations----

Also i thought to limit torque ALL the time tables B6611 & B6614 thru B6620 are used---
    Last edited by tblu92; February 17th, 2008 at 05:56 AM.

I'm not 100% certain, but from my experience, B1901 is relevant whether or not traction control is turned on or off. It's listed under the "Torque Limiting" tab and it appears to be a reference figure for the traction control system. I haven't experimented with it in quite a while, so I don't want to say much more at this point, because t would probably be wrong information. The best way to find out for yourself is to change the value to 150 or so, turn off the traction control system and put your foot to the floor. It will be immediately obvious if maximum torque is being limited to 150 lbs./ft.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

B1901 is one of the lesser well understood parameters...

I found no difference in changing it's value in my case (F-body)...
    I did basically what dfe1 said (I tried 200ftlb and 450ftlb) and I noticed no limiting at all.

This parameter may actually work inversely (increasing its value may possibly reduce the limit threshold), but I really don't know.

Do like dfe1 said, experiment with it since it's likely to work differently for different applications.