Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GM knows what we're doing????

Default GM knows what we're doing????

Is there going to be a way around GM tech's being able to see how many times the LMM's have been reflashed?

yes don't take it to them

Well, no solution yet The Bosch ECM only allows programmers limited access which is why things like locking can't be done. Unfortunately the reflash counter is very secure too.
    It goes beyond that, if you flash the stock tune back in 10 times over it doesn't care, it tracks the checksums of each flash and only updates the reflash history if they change. Trust me, I spent a while looking at this.
    This will be a thing of the future I think, FORD are doing this too.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Not that it matters since I've already kissed my warranty goodbye, but do LBZs do this too?

So I understand this I am going to ask again, does a GM tech have the ability to see how many times an ECM has been flashed? Can they see what changes were made on those previous flashes?

If they can't see the previous changes who cares? Maybe it was another dealer doing a OS upgrade?? How would they know??
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Lifetime Member

Don't give up Ross there's got to be a way to bust the little Bosch bastered's balls

LBZ has the ability to track flashes too, but it seems that they have not put the function in.

What can been seen on the TechII is the CVN number of each 'different' segment. The CVN changes whenever you change something in the calibration, there is no way around that.
    Then what GM do is go somewhere like this site -
    http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

Lookup the factory CVN for your truck, if one of them is not matched to the numbers on that site they know you put a non factory tune in it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Any idea how far back the history goes for flashes?? Like is it the current flash? The last 10? 20?
    IF it had the proper stock tune in it, would the CVN match?
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

It stores 10 'unique' flashes.
    So, lets say you reflashed the stock tune in 10 times, it just still stores 1 history entry of that tune. Once you change something and the CVN changes (which it must) then it will log that as a new number to store.
    So, it will ONLY add to the list of 10 if what you are flashing in is different to a previously programmed tune. On the TechII you can see the history of 10 'unique' flashes, not the 'last' 10 flashes.
    Hate to say it, but they got it right

On the CVN, a CVN is really just GM's term for a CRC (cyclic redundancy check), if you get past the first paragraph in that link, well done. But in essence, the number can't be fudge so as to appear no data was changed.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; February 26th, 2008 at 12:26 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast