Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GM knows what we're doing????

So if we can get a together and come up with 10 GM updates for everyone to use, wouldn't that work? I have one or two dealer reflashes. I would assume there has been at least 10 updates by now. I could be wrong.

Check the CalID site - http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web
    I doubt there would be 10 updates done.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Could you get away with only two as long as they are GM ones? Flash one, then the other 5 times each. Wouldn't this work. Or does it have to be 10 completely different flashes?
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Please re-read this post -
    http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=10

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Oh right. Thanks Ross.
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

So we could install 10 different tire size calibration tuning files and it would only show those with the last one being stock?

Default Re:

Would it not be possible to just buy a "play" pcm and put this in? I know quite a few drivers in states with emissions do just that. After the test, they pull the stock pcm and install their "modified" pcms. Just run on your modified box, and when it's time for warranty, put that box back in....

Lifetime Member

The problem with flashing speedo cals in is they still bust your balls for being in there. They can try to void your drivetrain warranty for tire size.

Ross, if the full flash of a bosch ecm is eventualy functional would that wipe the slate clean?

I dont think so as it writes the information to a seperate eeprom in the pcm and is not stored in the flash. Anything is possible though, just need to have Ross connect his brain to the test connections inside his bench pcm and figure a way out of this.. If anyone can Ross is definately going to figure it out..

Untill then, Yes a spare ecm is definatly the only choice i would think.

But really though, If you mess with your motor and break it, Should gm really be held responsible for that????

I really dont think so. Ive seen people bring in trucks that where mangled with holes in the sides of the block and obvious over fueling, and expected gm to replace it.... We as a consumer pay for that the next time we buy a new car....... It isnt fair really..

My thing is, If i modify it, and it breaks it is my own deal to fix it.. BUT if a stock part breaks and the car is all stock then by all means, YES GM SHOULD be responsible to make that part correct...
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

This is from GM and was sent to me by a fellow DP member. I have the entire write up with pics but it's very long.

Dealers should not automatically decline warranty assistance on engine failures due to the fact that a power-up device or modification is evident or suspected. The technician must identify that the failure is due to a power-up device by teardown analysis and diagnosis of the engine components. The following steps should be taken if an engine failure occurs and it is suspected that the modification or addition of a power-up device maybe the cause of the engine failure. If unclear of this process or direction feel free to contact your District Service Manager (DVM) (in Canada, DSM) for further support.

The technician should use proper engine diagnostics (engine tear down to inspect pistons, cylinders etc.)to lead him/her to the failed engine components. The attached check sheet should be followed and if it is determined that at least three of the check sheet items match the engine component failures then it can be decided that the failure is not a warrantable claim.
    Engine failures that meet at least three criteria of the check sheet are considered failures that are not manufacturers defects in workmanship or materials
    The dealership should contact the PQC, open a case to review the findings and make the final decision on warranty coverage. The DVM (in Canada, DSM) should be notified of the PQC decision.
    Denied claims should be documented as follows: a. The check sheet completed with the technicians detailed written findings of his diagnosis on the repair order.
    b. Photographs of the failed parts should be maintained in the RO file.

The customer should be advised that the failure of their engine was not due to a manufacturer's defect in workmanship or materials and therefore the warranty claim is denied on this failure.
    GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
    2006 Dually LBZ
    5" T'Back MBRP
    EFI friggin awesome Live
    TransGo Jr.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast