Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release of 98 tuner

Default Release of 98 tuner

Will the cable be the same or is it going to be a different cable or strickly software. The reason i ask is my truck is a 99 and f-body is 98. What i wanted to was purchase it when released and then upgrade to 98 when that model is released. Just didnt know if it was cable or software upgrade then 98 is released :idea:

Default Re: Release of 98 tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    Will the cable be the same or is it going to be a different cable or strickly software. The reason i ask is my truck is a 99 and f-body is 98. What i wanted to was purchase it when released and then upgrade to 98 when that model is released. Just didnt know if it was cable or software upgrade then 98 is released :idea:
    the cable is the same, and it comes with two vins so the 98 support will only be an update to the software.

Default Re: Release of 98 tuner

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance
    Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    the cable is the same, and it comes with two vins so the 98 support will only be an update to the software.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Anyone who has purchased a FlashScan interface with at least the Personal level license will be able to use the 98 definitions to tune any 98 LS1.

That being said, remember that EFILive is making available the calibration definition document so that a 98 calibration definition can be created by the user community. Once it is created EFILive will offer it free of charge to EFILive FlashScan Customers.

Tuning any 98 PCM will not use up a VIN slot so you'll still have 2 slots.
    That also means you can tune as many 98's as you like.

It all hinges on how well the 98 community can put together a calibration definition.

Regards
    Paul

calibration definition what exactly is meant by this? i know i know im stupid :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    WOW! I was not aware of this! thats the best news I have heard in sometime. I guess it's time for a 2nd 98z

87gmc,

Calibration definition is information that is needed so the software knows how to store the changed data in to the PCM. VE tables, Timing Tables, etc... So the 98 guys will be working on a file that gives flashscan the needed info so that it can program the pcm with the changes you have made in the tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance
    WOW! I was not aware of this! thats the best news I have heard in sometime. I guess it's time for a 2nd 98z

87gmc,

Calibration definition is information that is needed so the software knows how to store the changed data in to the PCM. VE tables, Timing Tables, etc... So the 98 guys will be working on a file that gives flashscan the needed info so that it can program the pcm with the changes you have made in the tuner.
    Thanks for that info, I learned something new today

are there instructions how how to help provide these definitions?

I have a 98, and would love to use flashscan and help out with definitions if I can.
    Heath
    98 Formula
    Half-Assed Racing Custom STS kit in progress.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird

I have a 98, and would love to use flashscan and help out with definitions if I can.
    The intialfile format specification has been released to the beta testers. It will go public as soon as the beta testers agree that it is "working" correctly.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird

The intialfile format specification has been released to the beta testers. It will go public as soon as the beta testers agree that it is "working" correctly.

Regards
    Paul
    I love the way you guys stay on top of things. I have a feeling it wont take long for flashscan to be on top of the others

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast