Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Release of 98 tuner

Someone please let me know what I can do to help the 98' progress along.

So is it expected that Flashscan will be ready to use on the 98's on the expected release of Jan 3?

Lifetime Member

I can post many of the 98 cal information.. as soon as flashscan is released i will work on it...
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Highlander, get with me on any 98 info you have. I'll be working heavily on this myself, and want to make sure we get as many 98 revisions as we can.

Is access to bench-programming equipment and 98 PCM's necessary to develop the calibration?

I know we need a boot-loader to read the PCM w/ the flashscan cable, but I'm curious as to how everyone is planning on 'developing' the calibration unless you have specific equipment and can get the data from the PCM.

If I'm off base, please tell me.... just wondering how to get started here and help out.
    Whitney Roberts

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AllCammedUp
    Is access to bench-programming equipment and 98 PCM's necessary to develop the calibration?

I know we need a boot-loader to read the PCM w/ the flashscan cable, but I'm curious as to how everyone is planning on 'developing' the calibration unless you have specific equipment and can get the data from the PCM.

If I'm off base, please tell me.... just wondering how to get started here and help out.
    Until the bootloaders are done, the calibration work can progress using plain old 98 bin files. Obviousyl it can't be loaded back into a PCM, yet. But it is fairly easy to compare what *should* be in the cal file with what shows up on the screen when you load in a bin file using the "development" 98 cal def files.

P.S. as soon as I ship these beta units, I will make a start on getting EFILive 98 enabled. So you guys can at least make a start.

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12