Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 SD TCS Patch Issues

This is my point. If you enable TCS in the tune, but try to turn it off with the TCS switch, it seems to remain active. I only noticed this after applying the two patches. Removing "Clunk Control" and "Throttle Tip In" does help a little, but I still get some hessitation on quick changes. I've tried adjusting CFCO settings and this had a small effect, but not enough. I think I need some more testing to see if I can work out the exact conditions when it occurs.

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by dynarex
    ran several tunes and all is well-but i noticed that the tables b8034,b7902,3,4 all are out of range
    so i tried to adjust and they wont go over the max limit-so i said forget it and loaded the tune-well the truck died
    Can you please confirm those table numbers?
    B8034 = Estimated MAP
    B7902 = Low Baro threshold for VVT control

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The table shown in that thread is related to Brake Torque Managment, whats that?
    Standing still, put foot on brake, floor accell pedal. On the Holdens if you turn off the TCS then it ignores that 'feature' anyway. It should only be active with TCS on.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross mine started this when I applied the patch as well. I can't, but maybe one of you needs to try and load a stock unpatched file back into the vehicle and see if it still has the hesitation. I didn't have this problem when the car was unpatched.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    The table shown in that thread is related to Brake Torque Managment, whats that?
    Standing still, put foot on brake, floor accell pedal. On the Holdens if you turn off the TCS then it ignores that 'feature' anyway. It should only be active with TCS on.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I don't see any reason for this table to have any impact on the problem that we are seeing. Like you said, its just used when braking the vehicle.

Can you please confirm those table numbers?
    B8034 = Estimated MAP
    B7902 = Low Baro threshold for VVT control

Cheers,
    Ross
    tables-
    Engine Operation.Airflow.General
    {B8034} Estimated MAP Maximum, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Operation.Camshaft Phasing
    {B7902} Low Baro Threshold, was out of range when loaded.
    {B7903} Med Baro Threshold, was out of range when loaded.
    {B7904} High Baro Threshold, was out of range when loaded.
    this is what i get at every opening-if i try to adjust the truck will not run past 20% throttle-tcs/abs/reduced engine power and every other warning comes on
    08 gmc sierra6.0 4sp-e38/t42 k/n intake
    4x4 ext cab

Cheers,
    Ross
    This is th point I was trying to make. Even when I switch off the TCS via the TCS switch, I get the hesitation on a WOT change. Disabling all TCS settings ( activation RPM set to 8000 ) seems to make the hesitation go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS
    Ross mine started this when I applied the patch as well. I can't, but maybe one of you needs to try and load a stock unpatched file back into the vehicle and see if it still has the hesitation. I didn't have this problem when the car was unpatched.
    I'll have a go at this. It's an 11min reflash to remove the patches so I'll see when I can get it done. I'm almost certain that removing the patches restores the full functionality of the TCS switch, but I'll also need to plugg the MAF back in.......

Simon.

Ok, I had to drop one of my daughters friends off home this evening so tried a quick test. I had the following settings and it was shifting fine, though the TCS switch was pretty useless....

B0515 and B0517 set to yes.
    All other TR yes/no options were set to no.
    B2501 and B2502, maximum and minimum engine torque were set to 1000
    The rest of the settings are pretty much stock.

Tomorrow I'll try setting the torque settings to something more "reasonable"...

Lifetime Member

My problem wasn't on gear changes, this is a manual car, the problem was it was activating spark retard traction control as a CONSTANT speed say 45km at 1800rpm in 3rd, lightly press down the throttle and it spark cut even harder. Once I turned that setting from 100's to zero's which deactivated TCS completely the problem stopped and the car drove normally
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

Lifetime Member

Hey Swingtan, any luck with the TTC issues yet, has any one else had this problem with spark retard happening at a constant speed caused by the TTC system?

Mike
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast